logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tigress Offline OP
OP Offline
I made an appointment with my tattoo artist for monday to have a tribal-ish/floral design I drew done low on my hips/ab area. I'm planning on getting the design on both the left and right side as mirror images of each other. I don't have the image in front of me at the moment, but I'll estimate that it's about 3x1 inches for each. I'm thrilled at the idea of having it done.

Now, my question is this.... I would assume that over the years I will gain weight, can't really be helped, especially during a possible future pregnancy. I had a rough patch a few years back and gained approx. 45 pounds in a very short time span. It left me with marks on my thighs, back "lovehandles," breasts, and upper arms, but not my belly. They're very faint lines now, thread thin and only visible if the light hits a certain way. My mom didn't get stretch marks during pregnancy and I've heard that it's an inherited trait, although there must be exceptions. So.... should the tattoo stretch and need to be redone or have a new tat over it in the future is it possible to tattoo over stretch marks? I want to go through with the tat now regardless of possible damage in the future, although that might sound immature. I'm placing the design below my panty line, so very few people should see it now or when it might be less pleasing in the future. Has anyone here had tattoos done over scars or stretch marks or have an experience with stomach/abs/hip tats and pregnancy?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
I have done tats over scars.

I have tattoos on my left forearm and under the forearm where I received second degree oil burns many moons ago. The tats took well and I only had some minor issues where I had to go back and get some retouches done where the ink didn't absorb into the scar well. but after I weent back things are fine. I also have a couple tats on stretchmark areas (underarms and back of arm) and they took well. The skin is just a tad thinner so you have to be careful (thats what I was told when I asked about getting them there).

Thats my experience.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Koala
Koala
It takes and act of God, A mirror and me to prezlefy myself to see that area so...lol I have streachmarks all over sence I was a kid and If its in the area I think your putting them on, I dont think you will get streach marks there. but I could be wrong!!

Jase I think she was talking about what happens to the tat if she gets streachmarks after its done. or thats the way I read it anyways....

and I dont have tats so im not a big help lol

Tigress Offline OP
OP Offline
you both read it right smile I meant either way, what if I get marks in the tat, can they be covered? and also could I cover marks with a tat. Works out whichever way you look at it.

From all the advice/personal experiences I've heard I'm thinking that I'm going to go through with getting a small design on one, or both, sides of my hips. I talked to my mom about it and we pretty much decided on the location I would go for based on my build and accounting for the possibility of a c-section in the future. My mom is also a pretty good artist, so she volunteered to help me draw up a working design. Funny since she was so vocal about not liking my back tat (a butterfly). I think she figures that if she helps out and plays a part I'll end up with something that won't bother her lol. Fine with me since thus far she hasn't inhibited my design choices, but has only been helping me sharpen them up.

Elephant
Elephant
I have some upper arm work that wraps all the way around and a bit of it went over some stretch marks. Funny thing was, one mark only got tattooed over one end, but for a few hour, the entire stretch mark was redder and raised and then settled right back down to the usual skin color.

Most scar tissue can be tattooed over as long as it's at least a year old, which pretty much makes sure it is done healing and changing. I had a tattoo artist who said it feels like plastic to the artist, compared with regular skin texture.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.