Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#300850 03/20/07 01:18 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I twas reading in a book today that said most people dream in black and white. This kind of surprised me, because I always dream in color - quite vividly in fact! Last night I had a dream in which I was trying to hide from someone in a rack of clothing and I was basically trying to camouflage myself with all of these different colored scarves - I think it had to do with my son watching so much Power Rangers yesterday, LOL! grin

But I was wondering if everyone else dreams in color or in B&W?

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
I always always dream in colour. My dreams are not only in colour, but are extremely realistic, that my feelings, thoughts, senses are so real that in my dream I think I am actually in whatever the situation is and it's not until I wake up that I realize it was only a dream. Ive never dreamt in black and white. I can smell things in my dreams, I can taste them, I can feel pain, confusion, hurt, happiness... any emotion I can actually FEEL. Sometimes if my dreams are just like my daily life, you know, not one of those totally out there kind of dreams, then sometime I can mistake a conversation with someone as something that was real, but it was really in a dream. I wonder if how realistic your dreams are depends on how... creative, or passionate you are??

Wolf
Wolf
Does it matter if the dream is in color or b and w?

Parakeet
Parakeet
lala21, I dream like you do. Full color, senses, emotions, and frequent realistic situations. Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
M.B. #300903 03/20/07 07:00 AM
jmb Offline
Shark
Shark
I definitely dream in color. I remember one dream in particular, it was a pre-wedding stress dream, and my wedding dress arrived and it was ORANGE!! It was too late to get a new dress and I had to wear that orange monstrosity down the aisle! Too funny.
I also remember dreams where I went to school in a blue nightgown.
Dreams are strange aren't they?

I always dream in color. I can't think of a single time my dream was in b&w.

Life is short ~ Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Im not sure if it "really matters" if the dreams are black and white, or colour... but it interesting to know that some never dream in colour, and some never dream in b&w. Then comes the question, why is that? IS there a reason for it, or is it just the way our imaginations work?

Wolf
Wolf
Does knowing that help us in anyway?

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
One of my mentors brought up dreaming in color to me a long time ago. Because so many of my dreams are in black white grays and browns, he said that I wasn't using my full potential. What he talking about was lucid (active) dreaming, lala, myrabeth and michelle, you all FEEL your dreams, one of you said you can smell, taste, and hurt in them.
The usage of lucid dreaming is to change the way the dream turns out, such as with an old boyfriend, David, who was having a dream about a run away horse (horses are messengers, vehicles of travel and freedom) that he was having over and over. Over and over he took Roger back to his stall. David was getting tired of dreaming about Roger, one day I told him to see where Roger wanted to go instead. Unfortunately I broke up with him before he had the dream again to tell me where they went.

Wendy Lee
Houseplants Editor
Click here to read the story of our foster dog, Colbert.
M.B. #305410 04/06/07 01:42 AM
Originally Posted By: myrabeth
lala21, I dream like you do. Full color, senses, emotions, and frequent realistic situations. Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Me too smile sometimes there are very vivid patterns as well which gets my attention more too. I have the ability to control my dreams but I prefer for them to run their natural course, not to say I haven't deliberately woke myself up if one gets too scarey wink

"these battered wings still kick up dust"

[url=www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted]www.cafepress.com/soulfulngifted[/url]
[url=www.squidoo.com/cafepressgifts]www.squidoo.com/cafepressgifts[/url]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.