Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#296347 03/03/07 08:25 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
In India there is one temple where non hindus are not allowed. Even Mrs. Gandhi was not allowed when she was the PM of India. Does that attract any violation of human rights?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
All over the world, there remain places where people for various reason, race, sex, religion, color or creed, are not admitted. Is elitism and exclusivity in and of itself a violation of Human RIghts?

Not exactly. Even in America there exist private clubs where only members are allowed. Ostracism in such clubs might be based on financial history, or any of the above mentioned reasons but are not violations of the basic rights of human beings, which include freedom from tyranny and oppression and the advent of a world in which human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want. The entirety of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights itself can be found here:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Lisbeth Cheever-Gessaman
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
All right, is this ethical?

C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
If someone truly believes that an outside presence will "contaminate" their holy place, is it eithical for the outsider to go there just because they can?

If we were more considerate of other people, I belive we'd have more peace.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I think it is very reasonable for any religious or spiritual group to have times and/or places where only believers are allowed. The same goes for men only or women only events. The problem is when non-group business is decided during those times and places. For instance, deciding the candidates for the next election during one of those closed events would be wrong.

Julie

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Originally Posted By: chillin
If someone truly believes that an outside presence will "contaminate" their holy place, is it eithical for the outsider to go there just because they can?

If we were more considerate of other people, I belive we'd have more peace.

I agree with you.

C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
The problem is when non-group business is decided during those times and places.

Yes, often people in power use their position to make decisions behind closed doors in smoke-filled rooms, and then the rest of us have to live with whatever they decide. I like it much better when I'm the one who gets to make the decisions. Then I know it's right wink

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Originally Posted By: chillin
The problem is when non-group business is decided during those times and places.

Yes, often people in power use their position to make decisions behind closed doors in smoke-filled rooms, and then the rest of us have to live with whatever they decide. I like it much better when I'm the one who gets to make the decisions. Then I know it's right wink

That does not happen in temples in India. so no worry.
You know in India, their is no single religious authority for Hindus. Everyone of us have our own path and no body bothers about what others do. hinduism has no strict rules. Read whatever you want. go to the temple you like of any deity and you are still a Hindu. No single book, so again no problem.

C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
Can we please get you to go talk to the Muslim religious authorities and see if they may choose to follow your way? Especially since they don't consider you the enemy, like they do the rest of us, and they may actually talk to you? LOL!!!

Why hasn't somebody already thought to do this? If we keep talking on these furums, we will solve all the world's problems.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Muslims consider Hindus as enemies. Equally as christians. India was partioned on religious grounds.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Andria B - Human Rights 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Trailer for "Limbo" Starring Simon Baker
by Angie - 06/02/24 09:09 PM
Tennis Legend Roger Federer - New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 06/01/24 11:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 06/01/24 04:09 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 06/01/24 08:53 AM
Bandana Essentials
by Angie - 05/30/24 08:26 PM
French Open Tennis Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 05/30/24 01:20 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/29/24 05:24 PM
Outside the Box Sewing
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/25/24 12:37 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.