logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
I had a new (very skinny) client once who came and asked if I could help her lose weight. I suggested we could work on her self image or on being happy. She said, okay, but will that help me lose weight? frown

http://www.awakeningtransformation.com - Healing and Empowering with Hypnosis, Reiki & Reiki Training
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
Forgive my hard hardheadedness but I don't seem to understand a certain concept. The highest paid people in the country are called healers and we shell out big bucks to them without even thinking about it. We call them doctors. The greatest healer that I have found, however, is that substance within each of us. There is no known sickness that one can not overcome by listening to that inner voice and acting upon it. The only thing that we we need to do is to learn how to tune in.

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 05/04/08 02:54 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: Tianna
I had a new (very skinny) client once who came and asked if I could help her lose weight. I suggested we could work on her self image or on being happy. She said, okay, but will that help me lose weight? frown

Poor girl. She actually sounds like she needs some more intensive therapy with someone specializing in eating disorders.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I charge my clients for classes and private sessions, but agree in that not everyone may be in a position to afford one. But, rather than turning someone away that is sincere in needing healing, I will use a sliding scale or a trade. They feel better/I feel better smile

I also agree 100% that people expect to pay and it is sad, but when something is given freely, it just isn't taken quite as seriously, even if they grumble about paying for it.

I think the only exception would be if you have already made a big name for yourself and you are donating your time. Me personally, I wouldn't do well w/the publicity of being a household name but for some it's their calling.

It took me awhile to believe what I did was in fact worth being paid for. It's a necessity in life though.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
I agree with Michelle Tianna, this lass sounds like she couldn't see herself as she really was. But your approach to help her find out how to be happy in her own skin is a sound one if she'd taken you up on it. It is how I've worked with clients with eating disorders with some success.

Sadly some people will always drift through the system looking for someone to help perpetuate their illness. And yes the 'healer within' has activated- no healer gets results without the client's engagement with the process.

I look forward to being a 'household name' wink

One of the saddest things to me is that some people will take people's money, instead of saying, "Are you sure that's what you want? I don't think that will help you."

Sometimes I see people with very bad or excessive plastic surgery and wonder how their plastic surgeons can sleep at night. I guess it can be tough sometimes to balance honoring a person's free will and also honoring their higher self.

http://www.awakeningtransformation.com - Healing and Empowering with Hypnosis, Reiki & Reiki Training
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
I am not ashamed to charge, when I do, for certain services and will not feel guilty about it. If someone has no money, however, and needs help, they get it just the same as if they did have the money. Either we charge for what we do or we go to work for the electric company.

T
T
When someone invests energy, in any form, to get someting, this thing has more value. When someone pays for either spiritual teachigns or holistic healing, this person will give more value to what was recieved because there is either a dollar sign attached to it, or there is an exchange involved.

The key is to find a balance between the healer and the reciever. The amount of the exchange must not me exagerated. The healer must be generous even while recieveing money. However, if the fee is too weak, the patient might not attach enough value to the treatment. This gratitude/exchange concept has an influence on the result of the treatment.

Another argument: if a healer is good at it, then this healer should consecrate more time doing this. Thus, the healer must still earn a living or else, the healer won't be able to do what is best for everyone. Thus, the healer bills. But a healler should adapt his fees according to the situations. I personnaly bill less to students and poor people, and bill more to those who have means.

Life is wonderful!
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Yes I have sliding scales too for elderly, students and low waged. I can't quite bring myself to tell an elderly client that I put my rates up a year ago as she has my money ready as I arrive...

G
Gecko
Gecko
G
EVENTHOUGH AT THE MOMENT I M IN POSITION TO PROPOSE MY SERVICES I USED TO TO BOTH,FREE AND FOR MONEY.
THE THING THAT HAPPENED ONCE IS THAT I USED TO DO TAROT READINGS IN STARBUCKS IN LONDON WHILE I WAS HOMELESS,AND USUALLY I USED TO LET PEOPLE GIVE WHATEVER THEY FELT IT WAS WORTH FOR THEM.BUT MOST OF THE TIME THOSE PEOPLE ABUSE YOU AND DRAIN YOU FROM YOUR ENERGY BECAUSE THEY SEE THAT IT IS FREE SO THEY KIND OF JUMP ON YOU AND TAKE AS MUCH AS THEY CAN.ONE WOAMN ONCE GAVE ME LIKE 5 POUNDS FOR AN HOUR READING AND THEN SHE ASKED ME SIGN A PAPER TO GET A TAX REFUND FOR THAT READING THAT WAS MAKING ME KIND OF CRAZY.
SOME PEOPLE KNOW IT IS FREE SO THEY KIND OF TAKE IT AS A JOKE AND NOT SERIOUSLY AND IF THEY HAD THE MONEY WOULD NEVER GIVE IT OUT FOR SUCH THINGS.
I HAVE MYSELF DEEP ISSUES IN SELF CONFIDENCE AND PROBLEMS WITH MONEY MAKING CAUSE I DON T LKE IT VERY MUCH BUT I KNOW I HAVE TO AND IF ONE HAS A GIFT IT S A GIFT AND AN OPPORTUNITY TO LIVE OUTSIDE OF SOCIETY AND NOT GO TO AN UNFULFILLING JOB EVERYDAY JUST BECAUSE YOU MAKE IT FOR FREE WHICH I COULDN T DO.THE THING IS NOT TO ABUSE YOUR GIFT AND CORRUPT IT IN THE MONEY MAKING PROCESS WHERE YOU ACTUALLY DON T YTAKE ANYTHING YOU DO SERIOUSLY ANYMORE.
I M NOT DOING ANY HEALING RIGHT NOW OR CLAIRVOYANCE BUT SOMETIMES PEOPLE ALSO COME AND SEE ME BECAUSE YOU VE JUST GOT THE ENERGY THAT ATTRCTS THEM AND IT JUST HAPPENS NATURALLY AND THEY DON T EVEN KNOW YOU RE A HEALER OR A CLAIRVOYANT AND THEY LL NEVER KNOW.IT KIND OF BALANCES ITSELF.
A THE MOMENT MY PART TIME WORK IS STARTING TO WEIGH ON ME CAUSE IT DRAINS ME A LOT AS I DON T GROW FROM IT OR GET ANYTHING OUT OF IT.BEING A HEALER OR A CLAIRVOYANT,OR AN ARTIST WOULD BE ASTED IF YOU DIDN T MAKE ANY MONEY WITH IT CAUSE YOU D HAVE TO LET YOURSELF BE CORRUPTED BY INIMICAL EBNERGIES TO YOURSELF WHICH STIFFLE YOUR GIFT.I THINK EVRYONE HAS A GIFT AND THAT JOBS ARE THINGS THAT ARE FAKE CAUSE NOBODY NEEDS TO DO THEM BUT FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO ENSLAVE.NO JOB REALLY IS REAL OR ORTH IT BUT LIVE OUR GIFTS IS THE BEST THING CAUSE THEN NOONE WOUD BE DISINCARNATE AND PEOPLE D MAKE MONEY HONESTLY(AS MAYBE YOU D NOTICE THAT MONEY DISHONESTLY MADE CONTRARY TO YOUR HEART S DESIRE IS ALSO THE AY YOU RE GOING TO GIVE IT OUT.)I THINK SOCIETY IS A ENSLAVING PEOPLE PREVENTING THEM FROM LIVING THROUGH THEIR DIVINE NATURE,MAKING MONEY MAKING IMBALANCED THROUGH GREED FOR EXAMPLE, AND MAKING PEOPLE ALSO FEEL BAD ABOUT MAKNG MONEY BECAUSE IT IS A BIG ISSUE.BUT WHEN YOU RE IN HARMONY WITH YOURSELF YOU VE GOT ALL YOU NEED.IF YOU RE HEALER YOUR ENERGY ACTS AS PUBLICITY,IF YOU REALLY NEED PUBLICITY THEN SOMETHING IS REALLY BLOCKED AND HAS TO CHANGE INSIDE YOU.IT S JUST ENERGY THAT HAS TO BE TRANSFORMED JUST AS ALL THE OVERFEEDING THAT IS GIVEN TO THE MASSES AS TO THE SUBJCT OF MONEY.MONEY MAKING IS NATURAL BECAUSE IT IS THE MATERIALISATION OF WHAT YOU DO.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.