BellaOnline
I've just written an article giving some of the arguments people use about charging for healing.BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Boy does this argument ever get old LOL. I agree with you Lauren, when we've got bills to pay, some charging has to take place.

Once upon a time I had someone come in for a session with me. I offered this person free treatments because money was such an issue for them. They never once came back - not even for a free-be. This was back when I first started and I took it very personally. I thought I had to give it away because I wasn't deserving of having paying clients.

I remember the first time I ever had to raise my rates I was just horrified! I was sure all my clients would stop seeing me! Surprise - they didn't! What I found out was that they appreciated me, my time and my talents, and having to raise my rates was just a fact of life.

Though I would say that I think there is a limit to what should be charged. I remember a few years ago a friend of mine getting a reiki master's attunement that cost him $15,000.00. Never mind the $5,000 he put out for his level one and two :::sigh:::
I'm trained in NLP and hypnosis and I've found that in our society, if people don't pay they often don't believe in the results and they don't usually stick. The only exception is when our relationship is such that it can be a genuine offer of friendship.

Julie
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Should Healers charge for their services? - 02/27/07 10:35 PM
I'm not a healer, but my opinion is that it is fair to ask for payment for your time and energy. Doctors get paid, after all.
Pleased you all think the way I do- but willing to hear from those who want to put the other argument here too smile

I think Deanna made a good point- charging can also be saying 'I'm worth it & what I do is worth it.' It's about believing in oneself enough.

Wow that Reiki master must have some interesting money lessons on the way to him!

Julie's right about swaps & friendship- I'm having a crystal healing/ reflexology swap with a friend this afternoon- lovely!
If you do something free, no body values it. Sad but true. i have experienced it.
Posted By: atan Re: Should Healers charge for their services? - 03/13/07 03:35 AM
Nothing is free - either one is willing to pay for the service now or karmically one has to pay it back later - my spiritual point of view.

Usually those who pay - got better service or attention - the money is good to obtain better tools and equipments.

Master atan.

In my experiencethose who do not pay immediately do not valuethe treatment.
Posted By: Tianna Re: Should Healers charge for their services? - 05/03/08 05:08 AM
Something is certainly amiss in a society that seems okay with giving huge amounts of money to women who promote poor body images by starving themselves and getting plastic surgery to look beautiful and yet isn't okay with paying a fair wage to teachers or healers. (Sorry for the long run-on sentence!)

I think the key is offering a reasonable fee or offering a sliding scale.
Thanks Tianna and welcome smile

I hadn't thought about it like that- a brilliant viewpoint. Therapies can make people feel so much happier in their skins that they don't feel the need to spend loads of money on 'cosmetic enhancements' or fancy clothes. So...we are cost efficient too!
Posted By: Tianna Re: Should Healers charge for their services? - 05/04/08 06:06 PM
I had a new (very skinny) client once who came and asked if I could help her lose weight. I suggested we could work on her self image or on being happy. She said, okay, but will that help me lose weight? frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Should Healers charge for their services? - 05/04/08 06:42 PM
Forgive my hard hardheadedness but I don't seem to understand a certain concept. The highest paid people in the country are called healers and we shell out big bucks to them without even thinking about it. We call them doctors. The greatest healer that I have found, however, is that substance within each of us. There is no known sickness that one can not overcome by listening to that inner voice and acting upon it. The only thing that we we need to do is to learn how to tune in.
Originally Posted By: Tianna
I had a new (very skinny) client once who came and asked if I could help her lose weight. I suggested we could work on her self image or on being happy. She said, okay, but will that help me lose weight? frown

Poor girl. She actually sounds like she needs some more intensive therapy with someone specializing in eating disorders.
I charge my clients for classes and private sessions, but agree in that not everyone may be in a position to afford one. But, rather than turning someone away that is sincere in needing healing, I will use a sliding scale or a trade. They feel better/I feel better smile

I also agree 100% that people expect to pay and it is sad, but when something is given freely, it just isn't taken quite as seriously, even if they grumble about paying for it.

I think the only exception would be if you have already made a big name for yourself and you are donating your time. Me personally, I wouldn't do well w/the publicity of being a household name but for some it's their calling.

It took me awhile to believe what I did was in fact worth being paid for. It's a necessity in life though.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
I agree with Michelle Tianna, this lass sounds like she couldn't see herself as she really was. But your approach to help her find out how to be happy in her own skin is a sound one if she'd taken you up on it. It is how I've worked with clients with eating disorders with some success.

Sadly some people will always drift through the system looking for someone to help perpetuate their illness. And yes the 'healer within' has activated- no healer gets results without the client's engagement with the process.

I look forward to being a 'household name' wink
Posted By: Tianna Re: Should Healers charge for their services? - 05/17/08 03:10 AM
One of the saddest things to me is that some people will take people's money, instead of saying, "Are you sure that's what you want? I don't think that will help you."

Sometimes I see people with very bad or excessive plastic surgery and wonder how their plastic surgeons can sleep at night. I guess it can be tough sometimes to balance honoring a person's free will and also honoring their higher self.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Should Healers charge for their services? - 06/03/08 05:45 PM
I am not ashamed to charge, when I do, for certain services and will not feel guilty about it. If someone has no money, however, and needs help, they get it just the same as if they did have the money. Either we charge for what we do or we go to work for the electric company.
When someone invests energy, in any form, to get someting, this thing has more value. When someone pays for either spiritual teachigns or holistic healing, this person will give more value to what was recieved because there is either a dollar sign attached to it, or there is an exchange involved.

The key is to find a balance between the healer and the reciever. The amount of the exchange must not me exagerated. The healer must be generous even while recieveing money. However, if the fee is too weak, the patient might not attach enough value to the treatment. This gratitude/exchange concept has an influence on the result of the treatment.

Another argument: if a healer is good at it, then this healer should consecrate more time doing this. Thus, the healer must still earn a living or else, the healer won't be able to do what is best for everyone. Thus, the healer bills. But a healler should adapt his fees according to the situations. I personnaly bill less to students and poor people, and bill more to those who have means.
Yes I have sliding scales too for elderly, students and low waged. I can't quite bring myself to tell an elderly client that I put my rates up a year ago as she has my money ready as I arrive...
EVENTHOUGH AT THE MOMENT I M IN POSITION TO PROPOSE MY SERVICES I USED TO TO BOTH,FREE AND FOR MONEY.
THE THING THAT HAPPENED ONCE IS THAT I USED TO DO TAROT READINGS IN STARBUCKS IN LONDON WHILE I WAS HOMELESS,AND USUALLY I USED TO LET PEOPLE GIVE WHATEVER THEY FELT IT WAS WORTH FOR THEM.BUT MOST OF THE TIME THOSE PEOPLE ABUSE YOU AND DRAIN YOU FROM YOUR ENERGY BECAUSE THEY SEE THAT IT IS FREE SO THEY KIND OF JUMP ON YOU AND TAKE AS MUCH AS THEY CAN.ONE WOAMN ONCE GAVE ME LIKE 5 POUNDS FOR AN HOUR READING AND THEN SHE ASKED ME SIGN A PAPER TO GET A TAX REFUND FOR THAT READING THAT WAS MAKING ME KIND OF CRAZY.
SOME PEOPLE KNOW IT IS FREE SO THEY KIND OF TAKE IT AS A JOKE AND NOT SERIOUSLY AND IF THEY HAD THE MONEY WOULD NEVER GIVE IT OUT FOR SUCH THINGS.
I HAVE MYSELF DEEP ISSUES IN SELF CONFIDENCE AND PROBLEMS WITH MONEY MAKING CAUSE I DON T LKE IT VERY MUCH BUT I KNOW I HAVE TO AND IF ONE HAS A GIFT IT S A GIFT AND AN OPPORTUNITY TO LIVE OUTSIDE OF SOCIETY AND NOT GO TO AN UNFULFILLING JOB EVERYDAY JUST BECAUSE YOU MAKE IT FOR FREE WHICH I COULDN T DO.THE THING IS NOT TO ABUSE YOUR GIFT AND CORRUPT IT IN THE MONEY MAKING PROCESS WHERE YOU ACTUALLY DON T YTAKE ANYTHING YOU DO SERIOUSLY ANYMORE.
I M NOT DOING ANY HEALING RIGHT NOW OR CLAIRVOYANCE BUT SOMETIMES PEOPLE ALSO COME AND SEE ME BECAUSE YOU VE JUST GOT THE ENERGY THAT ATTRCTS THEM AND IT JUST HAPPENS NATURALLY AND THEY DON T EVEN KNOW YOU RE A HEALER OR A CLAIRVOYANT AND THEY LL NEVER KNOW.IT KIND OF BALANCES ITSELF.
A THE MOMENT MY PART TIME WORK IS STARTING TO WEIGH ON ME CAUSE IT DRAINS ME A LOT AS I DON T GROW FROM IT OR GET ANYTHING OUT OF IT.BEING A HEALER OR A CLAIRVOYANT,OR AN ARTIST WOULD BE ASTED IF YOU DIDN T MAKE ANY MONEY WITH IT CAUSE YOU D HAVE TO LET YOURSELF BE CORRUPTED BY INIMICAL EBNERGIES TO YOURSELF WHICH STIFFLE YOUR GIFT.I THINK EVRYONE HAS A GIFT AND THAT JOBS ARE THINGS THAT ARE FAKE CAUSE NOBODY NEEDS TO DO THEM BUT FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO ENSLAVE.NO JOB REALLY IS REAL OR ORTH IT BUT LIVE OUR GIFTS IS THE BEST THING CAUSE THEN NOONE WOUD BE DISINCARNATE AND PEOPLE D MAKE MONEY HONESTLY(AS MAYBE YOU D NOTICE THAT MONEY DISHONESTLY MADE CONTRARY TO YOUR HEART S DESIRE IS ALSO THE AY YOU RE GOING TO GIVE IT OUT.)I THINK SOCIETY IS A ENSLAVING PEOPLE PREVENTING THEM FROM LIVING THROUGH THEIR DIVINE NATURE,MAKING MONEY MAKING IMBALANCED THROUGH GREED FOR EXAMPLE, AND MAKING PEOPLE ALSO FEEL BAD ABOUT MAKNG MONEY BECAUSE IT IS A BIG ISSUE.BUT WHEN YOU RE IN HARMONY WITH YOURSELF YOU VE GOT ALL YOU NEED.IF YOU RE HEALER YOUR ENERGY ACTS AS PUBLICITY,IF YOU REALLY NEED PUBLICITY THEN SOMETHING IS REALLY BLOCKED AND HAS TO CHANGE INSIDE YOU.IT S JUST ENERGY THAT HAS TO BE TRANSFORMED JUST AS ALL THE OVERFEEDING THAT IS GIVEN TO THE MASSES AS TO THE SUBJCT OF MONEY.MONEY MAKING IS NATURAL BECAUSE IT IS THE MATERIALISATION OF WHAT YOU DO.

I write on the internet for free, and sell ebooks and books - so I use both ways to share my dance, doll making, and spiritual education.

I also answer briefly, freely, questions on those topics by email.

Hi Gemineye

Sorry, I only just noticed your post. You speak with a great deal of wisdom. I agree that the key is finding work that is aligned with your Divine purpose, then it isn't just a job any more.

When you gave your gift for free it wasn't valued by some of the people and there is the issue- we equate money with quality in this society. However remember that some of the people you read for probably took your readings seriously and reflected on your advice- we don't always know who we've touched.

My articles here are gifted free, no strings attached & I'm happy to do some work like this. I know some people will click on to articles and click straight off again, but others will take on board what I say- I have no way of knowing most of the time- but sometimes the feedback comes in and I find I have made a difference for someone without ever having met them.

My healing and teaching time is paid and I know that people shift because they have invested money and time in working with me. It is also about respecting myself enough to make a living from my abilities, which perhaps is what you could start to consider alongside your part-time job. Dust down your skills and remember you are the only person that does readings like you do. If it is your Divine purpose then it is your task to fulfil.
Originally Posted By: Lauren_D'Silva
Hi Gemineye

Sorry, I only just noticed your post. You speak with a great deal of wisdom. I agree that the key is finding work that is aligned with your Divine purpose, then it isn't just a job any more.

When you gave your gift for free it wasn't valued by some of the people and there is the issue- we equate money with quality in this society. However remember that some of the people you read for probably took your readings seriously and reflected on your advice- we don't always know who we've touched.

My articles here are gifted free, no strings attached & I'm happy to do some work like this. I know some people will click on to articles and click straight off again, but others will take on board what I say- I have no way of knowing most of the time- but sometimes the feedback comes in and I find I have made a difference for someone without ever having met them.

My healing and teaching time is paid and I know that people shift because they have invested money and time in working with me. It is also about respecting myself enough to make a living from my abilities, which perhaps is what you could start to consider alongside your part-time job. Dust down your skills and remember you are the only person that does readings like you do. If it is your Divine purpose then it is your task to fulfil.

Amazing, Absolutely Amazing and comforting to the spirit like manna !!!

Hi Lauren, nice to have met your acquaintance.

It seems that you, Susan Kramer, and Ellise have created a balanced business plan to implement your worth in an incredible manner.

I laud and applaud your abilities and confidence.

Now, how do we collectively move the planet forward ?

Sincerely,

Burt B.

Thank you Burt! It is nice to be appreciated wink

Collectively there are so many of us, and I think we are all moving the planet forward in our own individual ways. We can work harmoniously side by side without ever meeting physically...it is all happening!
I can't imagine why anyone would expect healers to work free. Improving someone's physical well-being is a service whether it is performed by an M.D., physicians assistant, surgeon, massage therapist, dentist, or healer. Yes, there could be circumstances where a healer would choose to waive their fee, but to think healing should happen without compensation makes no sense to me.
Welcome Dannica! Yes it is a strange expectation. People seem to value their cars and houses more than their bodies & minds sometimes. I'd like to see someone try asking for free work from a plumber, mechanic or an electrician! wink
Truely baffles me some of the responses I've read hear and some of the general same I've heard through many years. Once upon a time when I didn't know I was different than most... even in childhood years... those people remember me being there for them. Even since decades after I figured out what differs me from many etc.. people still remember me. There isn't a price to helping people sort out problems, being there for those and friendly reminders etc. It's just love, soul connection etc. There isn't a price on love. And it's a famous quote... love can't buy you love. Writing this and thinking about this... that qoute popped into my mind. Seems to reflect. So... someone walking down the street and needs help... should I say... oh it'll cost you!!!! I am grand oh nighty... buy pay me everything out of your pocket first!! I don't understand most so claimed "healers". It's part of our DNA is love and what is just a reflect but not goverened by anything. People have gotten too brainwashed with money etc. I've heard many from people who seemed to of gained for charging more. And it's a total misbelief they may be more valuable to helping than to others who charge cheap, free or trade. If you get people who don't appreciate your services... then all I have to say is.... look into yourself. For there are no accidents for everything is a sign in life. No concidences. How many people teach others to learn answers and healings to themselves? I won't and I refuse to answer most questions people ask me. For lets say if I knew or had an idea.... I am not greater than you..... just most people lost the way. And most people have gotten so brainwashed to money as value and this and that materialistic more value.... when in fact the most value is just being love. You can't buy it... why try to charge for it helping people back in their way. Because of this place so brainwashed to be and brainwashed of need of materialistic things such as gold, paper money etc to even be in many circumstances alive... how does one survive? Well, we all are full of talents. Be it a carpenter, gardener, just whatever... Earth is a very challenging place to be. But it's something it can never steal... the love within.
Ps I just always reflect upon the animals out in the wild. How do they survive? They have no money, are natural healers, etc.... and is more common than news breaks where they help out other species in need. No religion... no anything. They haven't gotten brainwashed to using money etc. Yet it's humans destroying everything around here and for the wildlife.
Thank you for your viewpoints which represent the other side of the debate well. Just to say, I, as well as others, work out of love...but also need to put food on the table! It doesn't mean that I put a price on every loving act I perform, just that I charge for my work- at the moment society is based on money so that's the unit of exchange used smile
great viewpoint someonehere,i believe religion exists because people are lost.once they found themselves like the animals religion would disappear.
i hate money and never think about doing any but feel not good about having to.i m not really exercising now cause i am finishing a healing on myself,but i believe in doing it for free deep inside,but then i m thinking i can t work for a firm either,and i am still looking for another way to get some money in with which i feel peaceful with.i m still in a dilemma,i feel money breaks my love.still needto do some study on that.
in a parallel,i don t believe in working just being,it s really about regaining a certain purety amidsta world that fell where money is everything.animals trees are themselves and they have everything they need just by being themselves.
Originally Posted By: Lauren_D'Silva
Hi Gemineye

hi silva i just noticed your post too,and i think you re right about the way i domy readings,every healer is unique because of what he s learned,if i m born it means i m needed for my skills.my part time jog is horrible and they prevent me doing anything,i have to work it out more,i mjust trying to be open to more solutions before having to take a decision.but as time passes i feel i ll have to charge because the times at the moment are like that and i will have to adapt tocertain things which i hate to.but it still feels very blurry.but at the moment,as my healing is well underway and im getting back my spirit i m slowly moving away from my part time job to be what i am full time and not be cut in half.buti dofeel sorry i have to charge but maybe i still have to let it grow.sometimes though certain eople are attracted to me and i do itfor free cause you re just riding a wave you don t make it like an imperative to pay.it doesnt only have to be on or the other.it s about being flexible open and be able to gowith the flow.things happen for a reason.well lots to think about...
what really really bothers me is that i have to pay tax with a healing job and that gets me for real...
and also i want to add ,doing a job whether part time or not that is not you is a horrible thing and one that makes want to charge is that i want to be me and not employed by somebody that just makes money on my back and that uses me as sees fit.cause in that case you become poor spiritually and drained and empty.you have to keepthe witchblood alive!
Just a thought Gemineye that might give you some solace whilst you are doing a job you dislike...

It is possible to do any job in a way that serves the Divine. It doesn't mean that you give up on manifesting the work that is in line with your innate gifts, but I do believe you can bring love and compassion into the workplace where ever you are.

A friend of mine's first husband worked in a slaughterhouse. That is a horrid job by most people's standards and I know I couldn't cope with it as a vegetarian, but whilst he was there he made sure that the other workers treated the animals with some respect and didn't cause them unnecessary suffering. The friend in question is retired but she spent all her working life in a factory assembling goods. She sang Sanskrit mantra all day long and blessed each item as she assembled it!
i know what you mean silvia i take care of horses and while i am here it is the only solace i have that i can give them something different from the people here and we have lots of together,play and listen to music and learn to communicate with each other as living things.this is the little thing that still keeps me going through my transition and they helped me a lot.it smore physically that i am exhausted and being bossed around.people here are dark!anyway thanks a lot
© BellaOnline Forums