Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Hi everyone.. My name is Linda Paul and I am the new Spirituality Editor. I was the editor for the Alternative Medicine site here a few years ago, so I am not actually a stranger to the workings within Bella. I love it here! This post felt very, very right to me.. and expresses much of what I feel. I would not by any means call myself a religious person, although I am a Unitarian Universalist based Community Minister. I would definately say I am a spiritual person. I don't disagree with anyones right to believe. Beliefs are a personal experience and diversity is what makes the world go round. I find religion and spirituality to be fascinating subjects which are chock full of wisdom and advice. That is why I have the desire to explore all of them, learn from them, and share what I have learned with those who care to listen. Love and Light...

Last edited by Spirituality; 02/13/07 02:39 PM.

Linda Paul
Tarot
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
Michelle,
I know you are very excited about being a new Christian. I have too been in that same boat. But believe me the best way to lead people to Jesus is to lead by example. When you are around people be nice and calm about your beliefs. Jesus did not shout at people and try to change their minds, he just sat with them and talked to them and made them feel love. He went into places where most people would not go to show others love. We are God's respresentatives on earth. So when people look at us they can tell whether we are Christians or not. God does not want us to be prefect but he wants us to be striving to get there. I have been around some people that I just said,"I wonder what they have?" I would love to have the peace and calmness that person has. And come to find out they had a peace that only Jesus can give. I have been getting closer to Jesus for the last 6 months:reading my Bible and other books by a lot of writers. I think it has a lot to do with how we see others,how we really feel about ourselves. We cannot give away what we don't have. We have to love ourselves first before we can care about others.Prayer is for every day not just when we are in trouble and need help. We are to pray each and every day in order to get closer to God. I have felt a closer relationship with Jesus and I find a comfort talking with him and praying every day.Some Churches teach on the Laws of the Bible. This is a very limited way to look at the Bible. Somewhere in the Bible it says the Laws will limit us in our relationship with God. There is so much more to a relationship with Jesus than just the Laws of the Bible.The Bible has examples of burnt offerings. We do not do that today.I don't believe in taking out what you believe from the Bible and just believing that but the Bible was written a long time ago. Like I said before, there is so much more to having a close relationship with Jesus than just Laws. Jesus wants us to view people in a loving and caring way. He wants us to be quick to forgive and not quick to anger.If we act like this around our friends and family I am sure they will notice that we have changed. One of the positive benefits of becoming gentler is a more relaxed life style. You will become more adaptable, more able to roll with the punches.First Peter 3:15 says," Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect".The manner in which you share the gospel can determine how willling a person is to listen to you.

Last edited by JanD; 02/13/07 09:28 AM.
Zebra
Zebra
janD - I say this with the utmost reverence and respect - this is exactly the message the Buddha expounded also. To lead by example, and not to attempt to convert others to your way of thinking only. Jesus, in Buddhism, is a much respected and venerated Boddhisattva. One who puts the well-being and salvation (Enlightenment) of others, before their own...

Thre is some conjecture that suggests that in the silent years between his 12th year and his 30th, Christ actally travelled and learnt of other Spiritual philosophies and religions. His words of Unconditional Love and Universal Compassion seem very 'Buddhist', and ring well in the ears of those such as I....

(Edit note: added spaces between words - so much easier to read, now!)

Last edited by Alexandra; 02/13/07 09:36 AM.
T
Shark
Shark
T
JanD,
I think you'd be shocked at some of the things Jesus did. Jesus yelled at people. He screamed and called them hypocrites and broods of vipers. He told some people they would die in their sins and go to hell. He told some their father was the devil. He called some people liars. He knocked down some soldiers with the sound of His Word in the Garden of Gethsename. He made a whip of ropes and hit people with it and drove them out of the synagogue, twice. He told His apostles that one of them was a devil. He called some people evil. He called pagans "heathens" Jesus was telling the truth. Sometimes gentle, sometimes not.

Last edited by lovelove; 02/13/07 10:51 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Well lovelove, I guess we all have our good days and our bad days.. Jesus was no exception..

Love and Light...

Linda Paul
Tarot
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
This thread is no longer open to new posts, it got a little too crazy.

We have a new thread going on the same topic that you are welcome to come join, as long as everyone is respectful of one another.

Thanks!

Last edited by Spirituality&SFFMoviesEd; 02/19/09 04:55 PM.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.