Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Well, Jenna, my own feelings are that we all tend to be shaped by our experiences more than anything. All that I think or feel about Christians comes from what has been said to me by people online who openly identified by that term and made it clear it was part of the reason behind why they were chosing to engage me, or from instances where I related with them in my personal life. I've had experiences in both realms that were wonderful and a few that were downright awful. Sort of like the rest of life in general.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Koala
Koala
E
Quote:
I somewhat disagree with this statement regarding Paganism. Though saving probably isn't the right word, I feel like through this religion we have a responsibility to better ourselves and take responsibility for our actions.

Sorry, my post wasn't very clear. I was talking about how instead of basing *this* life on ensuring one's place in the *next* life, I find it more comforting to put my best effort into *this* life. And I agree completely that includes being the best human being I can, taking responsibility for my actions, etc. But because (as I see it) there is no secret ritual for being saved that others may not know about, there is no pressure to spread the information around as there is with some religions where the belief is that one has to take a specific action/decision in order to be saved.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
J
Shark
Shark
J
Jesus practiced the art of witchcraft. If you look at the similarities, they are quite real. He had a coven (of "disciples"), practiced divination, magic and energy work, healing, meditation and prayer. Christian holidays also have their roots in pagan origins. The list goes on and on. I find it quite fascinating that the majority of christians just have not made this connection.

Jennifer L. Thompson
Contests and Sweepstakes

My Care2
T
Shark
Shark
T
Jesus did not practice witchcraft. The similarities are that both are supernatural but Jesus would tell you that the source was different. Christian holidays were superimposed over pagan holidays as a means of supplanting them.Not that they are related. Just that Christianity deposed them. Christins will tell you that there is a spiritual war going on and using the holidays of the enemy is the equivalent of using the enemy's weapons against him. Quite common in warfare.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
To say that religion is a type of warfare is disgusting.

Wendy Lee
Houseplants Editor
Click here to read the story of our foster dog, Colbert.
~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Gang, this is Rae, the Pagan forum editor/moderator here. I just want to let people know that after last year's several-months-long period where everyone attacked each other over their religious beliefs, I won't stand for such behavior in these forums. I will lock threads down if it comes to mudslinging in public, and I will delete posts if it comes to threats and impolite language.

You wanna have a huge argument with someone? That's fine, but it has to be in private emails to each other, not here on the public boards.

Thanks!

E
Koala
Koala
E
(Rae, please delete this comment if you feel it's not appropriate or exascerbates the situation)

I just wanted to add that these individual forums are a haven for each group who uses them. They are not intended for those who object to a belief to come in and try to convert others. That is why there are various Christian-focused forums and many other forums taking specific viewpoints shared by many but also not shared by others - otherwise there would be one forum only for "Religious discussion and/or debate".

I am not saying that someone who does not share the beliefs of a specific forum are not welcome in that forum: if you are interested in having a productive, fair, and open-minded interaction, you will be met with equal courtesy and respect regardless of your stand.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Elle - That's the sort of message I was going to post next if things escalated.

Everybody - I'd also like to say explicitly in case anyone hasn't figured this part out yet, but this is not a place for Pagans/Wiccans/Witches/Whatever-We-Are to start mudslinging and name calling back in the other direction either. That sure as heck doesn't solve anything.

T
Shark
Shark
T
The comment was made that Jesus practiced witchcraft. Being a Christian, I responded. I was explaining, that's all.

~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
And I'm just posting gentle reminders about forum conduct because that's my job as moderator.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.