logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
pinklulu #290154 01/31/07 03:37 AM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Seriously though, eating disorder or not, if you figure out meals in advance, it's much more comfortable when starting a new job, cause it's one less thing to worry about and you can make sure to pamper yourself a little - whether that's something you particularly like to eat, or a nice novel to read during your lunch break, or a pretty napkin and placemat in your lunch bag, or ...

Plus, I've found it's really easy to not give myself enough time for breakfast when starting a different schedule and my brain really needs the food to cope with the change!

Congrats on the new job too!

Julie

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Thanks for the education re RDO's. I think it's great. Of course, in the US, folks are lucky to get 2 weeks vacation and that's after many years of working. I never worked for anyone else, so never got a vacation at all. I do love being retired.

Laura, I know we are about as subtle as a train wreck, but we want what you to find what is best for you. And we stumble around not knowing what to say or how to say it. So we get out large hammers and do our best. As long as you know what is best, all will be OK.

Jan Goldfield

pondlady #290191 01/31/07 11:35 AM
Shark
Shark
Sometimes all you need is a new job or flat makeover for a whole new perspective on life! Other times, the statement "wherever you go, there you are" holds - meaning you still have to deal with your stuff no matter where in the world you go.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could just brush off our struggles with a change of scenery?

Congrats on the new job, Laura...you sound charged! I'd rather have time off instead of money, too.

Is June giving you "back to work" tips?

Laurie PK #291178 02/07/07 11:08 AM
P
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
P
Thanks everyone,

Yes, we are very fortunate here in Australia with a decent employment system.

I am charged. I know what I am doing. I am really excited.

Although... I have slipped up a little this week - I think that's because I am a little nervous about the new job. It is a lot more responsibility and a shift in focus from my old job.

It's ok, June and I are working through things. I try to be as honest as I can because I know that if I'm not, the only person who is going to suffer is me. I have had enough of suffering, I want to be free of this horrible illness. Each day is one step closer to that goal.

June's back to work tips are very basic - In a nutshell, don't rush into things too quickly and take time to learn the ropes and get acquainted with the place. If I get stressed, take time out for a breather. Oh yeah, and MAKE SURE that I take a packed lunch smile , and eat it too.

Elle, don't stress - On Fridays, I knock off early with the tradesman. This Means that my counselling sessions and doctors appointments will be scheduled for Friday. So I do not get out of them.

Have Fun

Laura

Last edited by pinklulu; 02/07/07 11:12 AM.
pinklulu #291183 02/07/07 12:20 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Good on you, Laura. I am so glad you love your new job. Please do keep in touch.

Jan Goldfield

pondlady #291187 02/07/07 12:29 PM
Gecko
Gecko
Congratulations, Laura -- it sounds as if you are doing really well with your journey!!

pinklulu #291262 02/07/07 06:40 PM
E
Koala
Koala
E
Originally Posted By: pinklulu
Elle, don't stress - On Fridays, I knock off early with the tradesman. This Means that my counselling sessions and doctors appointments will be scheduled for Friday. So I do not get out of them.

I'm so glad. That works out really well.

I'm sure you are going to continue to heal and improve your life, and that this job will also help you to get back to some sort of normalcy. Do keep us posted. smile

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
elle #291264 02/07/07 07:10 PM
Shark
Shark
Gotta echo Elle and pondlady: please keep us posted! Good luck settling into your job - I've read it takes 3 months to be comfortable in a new job. It's usually the fastest three months ever, because of all the learning and new stuff.

Laurie PK #292023 02/12/07 10:12 AM
P
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
P
Hello again,

I haven't actually started my job yet. I start next monday. I am stressing out in anticipation of it though. This anxiety is a lot worse than I thought it would be. I just have to remember to keep calm, breathe in, breathe out, eat, and enjoy the adventure ahead of me.

I am enjoying my therapy sessions a lot more now. It seems that as soon as we got all the yucky stuff out, it became easier and fun and is something that I really look forward to going to now.

My doctor told me today that she was extremely impressed with the progress that I have made and my health is at a good level and many (not all) of my initial health problems have reversed. This is great news.

I am actually starting to feel comfortable with myself when I look in the mirror. I have gained a heck of a lot of weight and I thought that I would be stressed out about it, but for some reason, I'm not. I like it. It feels really good.

I think that the key to it is that we need to develop our own feeling of self worth and when we have that then we can overcome any challenge that comes our way. When we have self worth, the small things just don't matter any nore. This is what I am learning. I feel like I make a contribution to the world. I am of worth and that really makes a big difference to me and how I look at myself and life.

I'm climbing the ladder. I still have a long way to go, but I am going up and not down.

Have fun all.

Laura

Last edited by pinklulu; 02/12/07 10:14 AM.
pinklulu #292032 02/12/07 11:21 AM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Thanks for the update, Laura. You say some most profound words.
Keep soldiering on.

Jan Goldfield

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.