Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
Laurie PK #288554 01/20/07 01:14 AM
P
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
P
Good Afternoon,

thanks for your suggestions. I have decided to use something very simple, "nourish life". It didn't take as long to embroider that smile . I have written down your other suggestions and may incorporate it in somehow. I'm all excited because I am now almost finished one block. Yea! I forgot how much fun it can be.

Laurie, I did go and see June yesterday. I have written about it in yesterdays post.

I am still struggling though. It is a huge effort to eat and feel good about it. I will get there, I hope.

Have fun. Laura

Sponsored Post Advertisement
pinklulu #288583 01/20/07 12:01 PM
Shark
Shark
Somehow I missed several posts when I last wrote in - that was wierd. June sounds very perceptive and insightful; not easily fooled!

In my dictionary, nourish also means cherish. I like that idea, of cherishing, fostering, and supporting one's body, mind, and soul. Because if you don't, who will?

Laurie PK #288726 01/21/07 08:00 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yes! yes! yes!... Laura, you are doing such a GREAT job and I, along with everybody else, am so proud of all the success that you have accomplished! Keep up the good work and good luck with all your wonderful projects!

Nourish Life & Cherish Living (is another simple block to stitch with such BIG meaning)

Trish

P
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
P
Good Morning All,

I know that I have been quite slack posting on here lately. Things are quite crazy at the moment and it is taking its toll.

I was actually offered a job during the week. It is very appealing to me as the pay will be considerably more than what I was getting before and I thought that I was on excellent pay in my last job. My last job was as a personal assistant in a small construction firm. This job that I have been offered is operations manager in a larger construction firm. It will just suit me perfectly. I cannot believe that this opportunity has come my way. It is so exciting. The boss seems like a nice fellow as well. I have actually heard a lot of good about this company.

It is full time work. This means that I am going to have to give up my therapy sessions. I personally do not think that this will cause any dramas. Besides, I sort of haven't been looking after myself as much as I should and I was just trying to work out the other day how I could wriggle out of my sessions. smile This is a great excuse and will be a good distraction for me.

I have not accepted the position yet. I have until Tuesday. I have pretty much made up my mind that I am going to accept it, even though the doctor does not think that I am fit for work at the moment. Oh well, I am just excited to get back into the swing of things.

Well, enjoy your day everyone.

Laura

Last edited by pinklulu; 01/28/07 10:54 AM.
pinklulu #289804 01/28/07 09:52 PM
E
Koala
Koala
E
That's fantastic news Laura! Good on ya!

Surely after (say) two weeks, you could ask to work a lunch hour so that you can take some extra time for a "doctor's appointment"? Even if you cut your therapy sessions back to fortnightly or monthly, it would be better to have some check in time rather than cutting it off cold. Especially if you have the extra (but good) pressures of a new job, you may want to debrief every now and then so that you can settle in better.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
elle #289805 01/28/07 09:59 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
How exciting, Laura! What a great opportunity for you. I think Elle is right tho (and so do you, don't you?), that you could probably finagle a session with June. The job is great and you want to keep it, I know.

Jan Goldfield

pondlady #289978 01/30/07 01:28 AM
P
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
P
Thanks Jan and Elle for your good wishes.

It is all official now. However, I do not start for almost three weeks. That's ok, it will give me a bit of breathing space and time to sort everything out.

I found out my hours today. They are so much better than my previous job. I was working six days before, I will only work five days now AND I will get RDO'S, which I was not getting before. I understand that with this job I will probably have a few more headaches, but that's ok. I can handle anything.

Anyway, I'm going to stop rambling on about my job, I'll probably bore you to tears.

I saw June today. She seemed a bit weary about me taking the job. She thinks I need a lot more time to recover. I personally think I have had enough time. She told me that I need to look after myself first before I even think about work. She thinks that if I push myself into something too quickly then I will relapse just as quickly.

I do not think so. I want to do this and I will.

Laura

pinklulu #290034 01/30/07 10:37 AM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Best of luck to you, Laura. Your job sounds great. Please devote as much time and energy to yourself as you do to your job.
I am guessing that RDO's mean Regular Days Off???

Jan Goldfield

pondlady #290092 01/30/07 06:30 PM
E
Koala
Koala
E
All the best Laura - 3 weeks is excellent for you to wrap up what you need to and also plan things like: what are you going to do for lunch at work? Will you make sandwiches at home, or buy something to eat? Or take last night's leftovers in to work (my favourite option)? What time do you need to get up so that you can eat breakfast properly before you go in? When you come home after a long day's work, what are you going to make for dinner? Please do think about these things, as I think this is where you could come unstuck if you let yourself. But I know you're not going to do that smile

RDO = Rostered days off - here in Aus we sometimes get days off in lieu of overtime worked rather than being paid overtime (usually organised if the company can't afford the cost of overtime). Not as nice as being paid 1.5 or 2X per hour, but certainly better than having to work overtime for no compensation at all. As my hubby has to do - every six weeks or so he has a full week of 24 hour standby for emergencies. Sucks, but is supposedly encompassed in his "Salary package".

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
elle #290146 01/31/07 02:35 AM
P
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
P
Pretty much what Elle said - I will just add one thing though. eg. A person working 8 hours gets paid for 7.6 hours and after four weeks that accrues to one paid day off. This means an extra thirteen days off in a year on top of your annual leave of four weeks. I personally prefer the days off to the extra money. Not that it matters for me anyway as I will be on an fairly decent salary package. The majority of tradesmen are entitled to RDO's by law. Anyway enough teaching about Australian employment.

Thanks for the SUBTLE hints by the way.

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.