Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#257699 07/10/06 10:58 AM
E
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
E
I'm new here and I see a lot of excitement about paganism. Exactly what is paganism today? I know what it was historically, but what about now? Please don't give me a website link. I am not looking for some dry clinical answer but a personal one. What is it and how does it help you personally?

Last edited by Rae_BodyArtPagan; 07/12/06 12:17 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
I found my connection to Spirit through Paganism, something which I didn't really feel with the religious information and practices that I was raised with. As to what it is, I can only speak for myself and my own practices. I don't think of how I meditate and pray to be all that different from anyone else who does such things, however, I find that because the objects I use as visualization aids or the names of the gods that I invoke are different than those used by others, some people consider what I do to be invalid.

To me, Paganism is Earth-centered spirituality, but I'm sure there are folks out there whose personal definitions would differ.

E
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
E
How can you be sure the ones you pray to are valid if others pray to different ones and, as you said, consider yours to be invalid?

Zebra
Zebra
I too have signed the petition.
I too, don't pray as others do.

emaster101, This thread wasn't created to stimulate a theological discussion on prayer.... If you'd like to ask such questions, maybe you'd like to start a new thread, under the appropriate forum?

E
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
E
I was asking a question from someone about their personal beliefs on paganism. That's all. I asked a question and she answered so I asked another.How can I understand why some are upset about paganism if I don't understand it? How can I understand it if I don't ask questions?

Elephant
Elephant
Alexandra, if you have some problem with how my forum is operating, I'd prefer that you brought that issue up with me, as I am the editor/moderator.

emaster101 - all religion or spirituality is based on faith, something for which no one has the ability to prove or disprove.

E
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
E
Right, no one can prove or disprove it. But Islam uses the Koran and Christianity the Bible so what do pagans use?

Amoeba
Amoeba
Does one need 'A Book' to practice faith?

Elephant
Elephant
Good point, aiteall.

When you say "pagans," emaster, which form of paganism are you asking about? It's not a singular tradition, but a term that encompasses many variant faiths.

BTW, emaster, what religion do you identify with? And as you described yourself as "scientifically-minded" what science discipline are you schooled in?

Shark
Shark
ouch good questions!!! i signed the petion too thats bs at its worst or best whatever!!! I am a chirstian but i think i gain more insight about what it means thourgh people and other books its like useing a study guide to the bible. but i dont always use a religious study guide to inlightin me. i use music, friends, family, even romanice books and mystisy and fantasy whatever strike a choid and brings an idea to my mind that puts a new look on what i believe or dont believe and makes me question DId i read that right or is what the bible said different to what i thought? I think Pagan religions are the same way (forgive me if i am wrong) they have there eithics and morals that are set and dont change but there understanding about the world and who God, Goddess, Deity or what ever does basied on there knowladge and personal experince and under standing. just like a chirstian growing in there faith!!!

Am i Close to geting it Right Rae?

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
French Open Tennis Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 05/30/24 01:20 AM
Bandana Essentials
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/29/24 05:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/29/24 05:24 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/27/24 08:37 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/27/24 08:26 PM
Outside the Box Sewing
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/25/24 12:37 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.