Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#254957 06/22/06 03:28 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Can any make-up hide the age? The wearer may feel good, but don't the onlookers guess the true age despite the best make-up?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#254958 06/23/06 05:03 AM
T
Shark
Shark
T
I don't think make up hides your age. It depends on what colour your use and how much you put on. I think the best thing to do is wear lighter make up than when younger and not put it on thick so that it can get stuck in the wrinkles. Same goes with the colour of your hear. A light shade is alway more complimentary.

Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them
but you always know they are there.
#254959 06/27/06 02:38 AM
A
A
It's chemical subject and it can't hide your age you can depend on natural materials and creams

#254960 06/27/06 03:02 AM
Zebra
Zebra
Quote:
Can any make-up hide the age? The wearer may feel good, but don't the onlookers guess the true age despite the best make-up?

Why would you want to hide your age??
This makes me so angry.... The globally promoted idea that women who are getting older are also getting uglier...as if ageing is a terrible process that must be hidden, suppressed, held back, denied and concealed!
Make-up is an enhancement, and should be viewed as simply that... It has been used for centuries to emphasise the best features and play down the less welcome (uneven skin tones, dark circles under the eyes, pallor...)
But it was never intended as a means of disguising age!
And plastic surgery, intended for this specific use, is ridiculous!

There's an advert on TV with Jane Fonda promoting the wonderful rejuvenating quality of some miraculous skin cream - she even 'proudly' states her age - but her face is just screaming 'Courtesy of the surgeon's knife' - !! Talk about mis-representation!

I'm 49 and proud of it! And every wrinkle, every grey hair and every other sign of ageing is testimony to the wonderful, varied and delightful life I have led!
If we're just talking about ageing - Do it gracefully and with gratitude!

#254961 06/27/06 03:37 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Alexendra said- I'm 49 and proud of it! And every wrinkle, every grey hair and every other sign of ageing is testimony to the wonderful, varied and delightful life I have led!
If we're just talking about ageing - Do it gracefully and with gratitude!

It is a great statement.
I fully agree with you. Unfortunately the cosmetics and skin care industry believes that anti-aging will be the biggest business segment in the near future. It also goes with plastic surgeons. They had been using Botox in the US for wrinkles though botox did not have approval from the US FDA for many years. Every dermatologist talks of anti oxidants that will make you look younger. It is cosmecuticals or natural products or whatever you can think of. The largest companies have devoted maximum resource to anti ageing. The market wants it. The companies will also help create demand by persuasion. I found many more shocking facts while doing research for a skin website we are making. Hydroquinone is allowed as bleach. But many other ingredients get sold as lighteners and brighteners. It is only to confuse the consumer while not breaching the law.

Some consumers are also becoming great disbeliveers in big companies. i am talking to a young man on another forum. He maintains that despite all the research and proofs available, he believes that sun has nothing to do with skin cancer. It is all propaganda to sell sunscreens. I have failed to convince him. My worry is that not only he will damage his body, but he will also influence many other teenagers to his way of thinking.

Thank you so much for giving such a brilliant response.

#254962 06/27/06 04:17 AM
Zebra
Zebra
It's up to the consumer to be as informed as possible, and to not permit themselves to be drawn in by the hype, advertising and blatant propaganda and profiteering... But it's a vicious circle... Hype creates demand, creates more hype... If the client didn't want it, and there was no demand, the product would fail... but if the hype wasn't so strong and convincing, there wouldn't be the demand.... Ah well....
And there will always be those who buy into - and promote - the idea that the only way to be socially acceptable is to be young and attractive.
Include me out!
Good topic. deserves expansion....

#254963 06/27/06 11:01 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Since we are talking about large corporations, let me tell you that all products marked- Hypoallergenic are misleading consumers. FDA has no guidelines on this and anybody can label any product as Hypoallergenic. It is for the consumers to find out if the product can cause allergy. I know of a case when somebody using hair color developed a big patch of Melasma on the forehead. The allergy came on the forehead and not the scalp. After some investigation it was found out that the hair color was the culprit.

In the quest to sell more, the companies sell products that are fancied at that time. Now natural is loved by all. So every company tries to add something natural to a concoction of chemicals. Users think that it is natural. The worse part is that most of the natural products are allergy forming. Being natural does not mean allergy safe.
all the lime family essential oils are photo toxic. Salons use essential oils that are only chemicals, sometimes containing deadly benzene derivatives. Users are not concerned, because they get a nice smell.

You can sell anything either topical or oral if you call it anti ageing. Promise to give a flawless skin, without wrinkles, spots and a soft and supple feel and whatever you can think of. Pack it well and sell it. It sells as a cosmetic because FDA will not verify the claims. FDA verifies claims only if you promise something. So you employ good copywriters and twist the language that sends the message but does not breach the law.

#254964 06/27/06 11:42 AM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Make-up can hide age, to a certain degree. Look at theatrical make-up: a 20-year-old woman can be made to resemble an 80-year-old woman!

However, I don't think that most of us wear it to hide our ages. I'm 28 and am happy with my age. However, I wear make-up simply to bring out my best features. I'm not trying to "hide" anything. I simply want to look my best. We wear jewelry and different clothing and hairstyles for fashion. Do you think it's wrong to use make-up simply as a fashion accessory?

#254965 06/28/06 01:13 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
ally465 said-

Do you think it's wrong to use make-up simply as a fashion accessory?

Certainly not.

#254966 08/06/06 09:53 PM
V
V
A fact to consider is that you're not showing your age. You're showing the result of prolonged chemical warfare on your skin. After so many years, the result of the battle shows up. However incredible it may seem, if you begin to feed your skin, rather than smother it with chemical cocktails, it will show signs of rejuvenation. Ingredients with plants and herbs. Formulations not created in a kitchen but in an advanced laboratory. Proven track record for over 25 years.
Our products are featured on the cover of a recent issue of OXYGEN magazine - article: "It's Rewind Time."
My mom is 84 and her skin glows now. My daughter and I are always complimented.

I believe I have to talk with you offline to give more information, since I represent these herbal and botanical products. Only 2% of the companies in the world do not use petroleum-based chemicals. Ours is in that group.
lynniece@gmail.com

Lynniece
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.