logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
I remember visiting a house few years ago. The husband told me that he always used to take out all his work related stress and frustration on his wife and children. His wife was sitting near by and she agreed with what he was doing and added that if he was doing that it was correct. He had no other place to release his frustration.

Should a home be used to release stress and spoil the home life or should the home be a place to dissolve the stress by relaxing and getting away from it all? I was thinking that if the husband could make his wife a partner in this and tell her about the stress he was facing, she could have helped him more in living a peaceful life. Many marriages are getting hurt because people bring their work related stress home.

Should a wife who is facing this, talk about it with her husband? Will that help, or create further problems? How many families suffer from such problems? Any guess?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Couples need to find healthy ways to relieve stress. You can talk about situations with your spouse, but not use the stress to support rude, demeaning, abusive behavior in the home.

We have a rule: You leave your work at the door. Meaning, no matter what you have to do to center yourself, you don't dump on the family because you've had a bad day or are under stress at work. So, if you're still fuming when you hit the driveway--go mow the yard and work it off. When you can be human, come on inside.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
This is alovely rule you have at your home. Great.

My husband and I work for the same company and know a lot of the same people etc. We also try to leave work on the doorstep and not vent on each other at home. Sometimes we car pool together and will talk about work on the way home but once we are home it's time to relax.

I don't think there is any harm done by trying to communicate and wives facing this dilemma should express how they feel. If husband is not aware that he is upsetting the family with his behaviour then he isn't likely to modify his behaviour

Enter to win a 16oz soy/veggie candle!
Click Here!
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Sometimes, husbands treat their work as their first priority and the family as only the place to live with. They don't have respect for the family. They treat their family like slaves. We would not otherwise have wife beaters. It is all because of the economic independence the husband enjoys and the wife and children don't. That is why in one of my posts here in this forum I had suggested that half of husband's salary should automatically go to the wife. The husband should get the other half.

Economic independence has a lot to do with our behavior. Despite slogging for all the day, the wife gets no value, because she may not be earning. That is why she becomes the punching bag of her husband. Every woman should try for economic independence and refuse to take the stress of husband. Women need to assert.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/13/24 08:26 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/13/24 06:20 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/11/24 04:36 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.