Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Please feel free to enter our brand new contest by being the first to answer three trivia questions correctly.

First, the legal stuff: The contest is open to anyone living in the US or UK who is aged 18 or older. Only posts that are unedited will be accepted as answers. Prize will be shipped to the winner at no cost to the winner. The prize will be "The Incredible Hulk--Original Series Premiere," from the 1978 series, which is worth $9.99. For complete rules, please visit http://www.bellaonline.com/misc/sweeps/rules.asp.

We'll post three trivia questions at intervals and each right answer is worth one point. The person who gets three points first will win the prize! Thanks for playing and for participating in the SciFiTV forum.

Ready? Here we go. The first question:

1. In what month and year did the very first Hulk comic book come out?

Please reply to this post to contribute your answer, and good luck!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Hulk first came out May 1962

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Hi clean1scene,

You're correct! You get one point. Here's the next question:

According to the TV series (not the comic), how did the Hulk get his powers?

Thanks for playing!

J
J
Hi, he was a scientist and he used himself as a guinea pig in one of his experiments.

He got an accidental overdose of Gamma Radiation while conducting research into the ability of humans to display supernormal levels of strength during emergencies. This came about when he couldn't save his wife in a fatal wreck.

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Jaidad, you gave the first correct answer so I'm giving 1 point to you. Clean1scene, you gave a great, detailed answer but it wasn't entirely accurate as David Banner bombarded himself with gamma rays on purpose--it didn't happen during an accident. Plus, you were a few hours too late! Better luck with this next question:

In addition to "The Incredible Hulk," director Kenneth Johnson has also helmed a few other scifi TV projects over the decades. Can you name the one which featured alien reptiles pretending to be friends to humans while stealing Earth's water and food?

Thanks for playing!

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
My apologies, clean1scene. I think I wrongly interpreted your answer. I suppose you could argue that although David Banner bombarded himself with gamma rays on purpose, he still accidentally got an overdose of radiation. However, jaidad still wins the point for this round because he was first. Good luck in the next round! -Helen

Thank you for the correction. I knew he was experimenting on himself.
Now as to your next question. I believe it was "V". At first I thought of "Alien Nation", but then I remembered "V". Both of these were directed by Kenneth Johnson.

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Hi clean1scene. You got the right answer! That means you're at two points and in the lead. Now, if you can get the last one right, you're our winner.

Here's the question: David Banner is the protagonist in the "Hulk" television series, but David wasn't the name of the scientist in the comic book. What was the original moniker of the Hulk's alter ego?

Good luck! Thanks for playing.

Hulk's alter ego's name was Robert Bruce Banner. It never dawned on me that there was a name difference between the comics and the show. I read the comics for years and watched the show, but never caught on with the name difference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Helen - SciFi TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.