Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#209287 09/06/05 11:36 PM
D
Dawna Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I have been losing alot of hair lately and I think it could be due to stress. I don't think it's due to breakage because I can't feel any "stubble". Is there anything I can do to keep my hair from falling out short of seeking therapy?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#209288 09/07/05 08:08 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Stress often causes hair loss. I suggest working on the stress.
Take vitamins
Take a walk everyday - either early morning or evening
Drink lots of water

These things really help.

#209289 09/07/05 02:20 PM
Shark
Shark
I agree with Lynne, she gave great advice. Also, you could see a nutritionist to see if you are getting all the minerals and vitamins you need in your diet. good luck! Try to take a little time to yourself each day. Even if it's only 15 minutes!

I ♥ www.luxeluthor.com
#209290 09/07/05 11:31 PM
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Lily here...

I am under alot of stress over the years - and occasionally I will start loosing hair - usually if you look closely you will see three (usually happens in three) circles. Comes and goes - but all the above advice is right on target.

We had a lady at our beauty shop - went to sleep one night and woke the next day - bald................it came back..........she was under some very heavy stress.

lily

#209291 09/08/05 03:30 AM
Shark
Shark
And don't drink coffee, even if you feel tired in the morning and think you need the coffee to ever wake up. With exercises and starting doing something, you will wake up eventually.

Nourish your hair with the right shampoo for your hairtype, use conditioner once in a while or do a hair treatment once a week. This way, you have to put on hair conditioner and leave it in for a couple of hours, so you can't do much more then reading a book or going to bed.

Maybe you can look into some meditation classes, in order to take a bit of the stress away and work on your breathing.

Guess what? I give massages and reiki. More info here!
#209292 09/08/05 09:18 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
While you are reducing the stress in your life, I suggest using the Nioxin system. You may want to talk to your hairdresser in choosing the right formula. It is actually skin care that is compatible with hair. - skin care for your scalp. It creates a healthy environment for hair growth. It cleans off toxins that build up on your scalp and nourishes the scalp and hair follicles to promote growth.
You just decide whether your hair is fine or medium to coarse. Then decide whether it is natural or chemically enhanced (hair color or perms) Then you choose the formula that is right for your hair. Here are suggestions: (These are for early stages of thinning which is what I think you are in)

Fine Hair/natural = Bionutrient Actives (Nioxin system 1 is the new name)

Fine Hair/chemically enhanced = Bionutrient Protectives (new name is Nioxin system 3)

Medium to coarse/natural = Smoothing Actives (Nioxin system 5)

Medium to coarse/chemically enhanced = Smoothing Protectives (Nioxin system 7)

They can be found at Amazon.com here: Nioxin products

#209293 09/08/05 01:03 PM
D
Dawna Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you Lynne and everyone for your advice. I don't drink coffee so that's good. I will try to take time for myself but sometimes that is very difficult as I am sure you all know. I think that most of my stress is related to my marriage and some financial issues we have. I agree about seeing a therapist but he won't hear of it. I could go myself I guess. I will look into that.
Thanks again...
Donna

#209294 09/09/05 11:08 AM
Shark
Shark
Go yourself if you really feel that this will help or this is necessary. It's not always necessary that he comes along, because it could disturb your process/progress instead of getting further. If you really want to take stress away, look at the root of the problems. You can either try to solve this or take permanent care of it. Don't ignore it, this is something you should never do.

Ask questions to your therapist and don't be affraid to tell him/her what you (don't) like about the process. If you feel that it's not safe and you don't feel good, search a different therapist. Start with personal issues when you trust him/her. It took me +- 20 sessions before I trusted her, but I'm glad I visit her now.

Guess what? I give massages and reiki. More info here!
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Good thing I do not have that symptom because I have a ton of stress every single day, if I had I would of been bald years ago!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.