logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Gecko
Gecko
Breast feeding is a beautiful thing between mother and child. It is too bad men cannot experience this. Spread the beauty.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am 100% for it and live for the time that bf is the cultural norm, so others will be for it too.
Here's to that time coming soon...
Cheers

Amoeba
Amoeba

I'm an advocate for breastfeeding and in public too - only wish that I'd had the guts. I breastfed my three children all up to the ages of approx one years old. I tried not to breastfeed in public unless absolutely neccessary and can even remember once sitting on the toilet in the shoppping mall just to feed my middle child due to lack of facilities - in England we don't have too many facilities available for breastfeed mothers. Mothercare is the best store for encouraging baby feeding/changing rooms etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go for it! I nursed all three of my kids when and where they needed to be breastfed. I think I was discreet,but I nursed them in the mall, in church, in restaurants and on planes. I doubt many people knew what I was doing, but if they did they didn't "see" nearly as much skin as is shown in lots of ads for clothing or lots of other things these days. I really do not see what all the fuss is about. And I wish more woman would just do it and not question if it is okay or not.

Shark
Shark
I think it definitely depends on the place. If i was at a nice restaurant and someone started doing it, I would prob. feel uncomfortable but if someone did it discreetly at a park or something i wouldn't care at all.

It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success. - David Feherty
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am saddened that people don't understand the importance of breastfeeding. It is what nature intended and I cannot stress enough that if it weren't for breastfeeding, years ago, babies would DIE. Yes, that's right there was no formula. I also think that people that are uncomfortable with it are those that couldn't do it for "whatever" reason. It's extremely difficult (I know, I have a 2 1/2 year old that I fed for 12 months and I now have two month old twins.) Society should be proud of these moms who give of themselves for their childrens benefit. Anyone can shove a bottle in a babies mouth but the dedication required to breastfeed is enormous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a balance between nursing rights and public concerns. C'mon, people, there are modest ways of nourishing your baby in the most public of places that are both comfortable and non-intrusive. I figured it out without having to be apologetic or compromising my views, so why is this such a big deal?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! It is ridiculous and I am udderly appalled that anyone would have the nerve to downplay breastfeeding. We try so hard to do what's best for children by censuring what they watch and listen too, by keeping them warm when it's cold. But when it comes to making sure they start off in this world as healthy as possible we have issues? I'm just not understanding this at all. Women should be commended for doing what's best for their child and having the courage to breastfeed in public when so many are not. It makes me very, very angry to hear that people feel uncomfortable around it. Do me a favor and DON'T LOOK!!! It's just that simple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I breast feed almost everywhere. Asking to cover up is sometimes too much to ask - on a hot day, when I did try to cover up, my baby girl got all sweaty. I do agree there are some limits - two weeks ago at a business lunch I didn't fed my baby at the table, but went outside on a bench. I don't know why anyone should care what strangers think anyway. It's your right to nurse in public, and it should be taken!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I suppose we should feed babies formula, as God intended?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Tuculia, Daughters Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.