logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
April Offline OP
OP Offline
Does anyone have a recipe for making sugar-free low carb shocolate candy? Most recipes I found start with the Bittersweet chocolate but I'd like to use the Unsweetened stuff and Splenda.

We Are Loved Bird Rescue
and Pet Education Services
Please visit Us at
www.toolady.com/www/resources/werluved

When shopping shop with us and help support our Rescue Organization

http://www.iGive.com/weRloved

THANK YOU
From all of us at We Are Loved Bird Rescue
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Hershey's "Sugar Free" with Lactitol.

I generally don't complain about things unless it is a major concern. Concerning Hershey's Chocolate candy "sugar free" with Lactitol. I consider myself to have a high tolerance for anything with sugar. Hours after eating 4 (8 g each) of these bitsize seemingly innocent looking candies in the morning I realized I was no match for the powers enthroned to Lactitol, an actual Laxative used in drugs http://www.curtish.com.pl/ang/lactitol.php, in order to force constipation. Yes this is no lie. Also, Hershey's lists Lactitol as the first ingredient, meaning it is the highest proportion of all ingredients in this candy. The remaining 12 hours were a near comical repetition of gas and diarrhea. I will never purchase these again, and am in complete disbelief that these were allowed by FDA. The warning on the back of bag states "individuals sensitive to sugar substitues may experience a laxative effect". The statement should in all fairness say "all people will have an adverse reaction". Why a company as goliath and well respected as Hershey's would even send one bag of these candies to the shelves is totally beyond comprehension. A last note, I tried Reeses Peanut Butter cups with Lactitol and was motivated to eat no more than 2 in a one sitting. Possibly because the peanut butter was not particularly appealing to me in large quantities. I never got anything more than a slightly uneasy feeling with these. If I had eaten more..ouch!

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
AZOnline - definitely some people have reactions to lactitol - and many people do not. It's like allergies to peanuts or anything else. The items with lactitol tend to clearly warn you to test out a small portion first to see how you react. It's like how some people get rashes with some skin products or hair dyes. They always tell you to test out first.

I'm very sorry that you are reactive to lactitol! But for many people, it causes no issues and is a great ingredient that ends up with great products. So it is one of those things, like peanuts, hair dyes, skin lotions, etc., that people should test first before use.

I know a ton of people who love lactitol products and don't have any reaction, so in the end if they pulled all lactitol products it would be like pulling all hair dyes, because some are allergic to them.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.