logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
eek OMG!!! Never mind the itch, I could NOT have slept in the house if I knew there were snakes living in it!! Some people have a thing about spiders; I have a phobia for snakes!!!!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Lois, I'm sure you really wanted to help remove that snake from you home. LOL A five foot snake of any kind is amazing to find inside your ceiling. I assume black snakes are harmless. You said you still see them mating in your eaves. Are they living in your attic? I don't imagine snakes are bothered by insulation either.

Shelley dear, I love snakes and am thrilled anytime I see one in the wild. But, I can appreciate your fears.

Rose

Black snakes are harmless, but can get quite big. Every time I see them on the road I usually stop and shoo them across. They like the warmth of the pavement in the spring and fall and will try to nap there. Of course, humans - with their "it needed killing" attitudes - love to drive over them. Kind of like box turtles. I guess I like reptiles and feel they get a bum ride through life. Personally, I don't want to be living with snakes, but as long as they stay out of my sight and out of the main part of the house, they can have the crawl spaces. Now if they were copperheads or rattlesnakes, that would be a whole different story.

Mmmmmmmmmmm....Baps
Gecko
Gecko
Lois, I remember well copperheads. When I was a young child, before we moved to Alaska, we had a copperhead visit our front yard while we were playing outside. It was a huge snake and very scary. Also, a friend of mine, when we were quite young, went fishing and looked for worms to bait the hook. He found tiny rattlesnakes shortly after they were born. Got bit a couple of times and had a pretty bad reaction.

The rattlesnakes in Arizona used the warm pavement too. It always felt bad to see them, especially in the spring, dead on the side of the road. I know people had to swerve to hit them.

Rose

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Deb - Animal Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.