logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#144370 09/18/04 03:44 PM
OP Offline
�How can you look at this world and see all this amazing intelligence yet say that this Para-Phenomenon is not intelligent to promote its name?

In case of universal, copyright infringement (i.e. Darwinism, the big-bang theory and/or any other evolutionary theorem) this Omnipotent Power signed His Patented Creation with the name GOD. I hope no theoretical group is offended by this!��Proverbs of a Man by AIM OG

Whether an atheist or monotheist, we all agree that information is a result of thoughts. And all thoughts come from the MIND. That we agree! So, who wrote all the DNA and genetic coding in the human sperm cell? Even man today knows how to clone DNA which is a long, tedious and thought-out nexus of information. But from whose text paper did he copy? Everything created has an author! Therefore, who created CREATION?

The fantabulous universe is an amazingly macrocosmic conglomerate of pure INFORMATION. Evolution is not a creator but only the conveyer belt that processes the timing periods for things in creation to evolve. Evolution means to evolve and is itself subjected to the directives of the original creator that also created it! Thus, there goes the evolutionary theory.

Man would much rather give Mr. Evolution, Darwinism, the big-bang theory or any other theory the credit for universal creation just to snub God. This is the arrogance of man. God is the Universal Mind that is responsible for all that we see and don�t see in creation.

I had someone say to me, �If God exist then why can�t I see him?� I replied, �You can�t even see YOU but you believe in that!� For, your body and the thing you see in the mirror is not at all who you are. For you are a spirit tucked neatly inside human flesh. However, God is lying right next to you because He�s the one that tucked you!

�Our bodies are just tinted windows yet if you were to roll down these fleshly windows�you will see a community of spirits.�

You are a spirit, a formless, tasteless, odorless, and colorless force. God is a Spirit but a formless, tasteless, odorless, colorless�supernaturally Supreme, Superior and Intelligent Force. And the two of you cannot be seen! But this doesn�t mean that the two of you don�t exist. So, if you cannot unwrap and expose yourself to the naked eye then why put such demands on God? You never denied yourself which you can�t see then why deny the existence of God which you, also, cannot see? But the good news is this�you have to believe in the principle that God exist every time you believe that YOU exist!

�The product cannot deny its Progenitor yet if it�s arrogant enough to do such �then this is the birth of atheism.�

Faith is the evidence of things not seen. Evidence means proof. Proof means fact. Therefore, faith is a fact {A God Fact!}--Faith: An Unseen Fact by AIM OG www.jesussecret.org
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#144371 09/18/04 07:29 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I think that 'attacking' isn't exactly the best way to phrase this essay; though I do find your vehement and fervent belief in 'God' quite commendable.

However, you don't quite defend yourself very well. You say that I can't even see myself so why should I expect to see God. As you should know in the bible it says you will sense, see and feel this...I can talk to myself and I can answer back. God doesn't necessarily answer back all the time. Least not in ways that I would be looking for.

To attack someone on their belief/disbelief in God is deplorable. Granted the United States is a majority of Christian denominations, but it was founded on the basis that all its citizens would have the freedom to believe as they wished along with many other factors. Just because someone doesn't believe in YOUR god doesn't make them wrong. And that is probably the main reason as to why I am so turned off by mainstream Christianity.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

#144372 09/20/04 06:57 PM
Someone once said to me a long time ago, that if God was Love, then how could I deny the existance of God when I loved my children so much or my friends or my husband or my parents....

It made me think...Ok, God is "love". So this "feeling" that I "feel" is the essence of God. But God became man...so God is an individual.... but His spirit, or presence is "love". So if there was no God there would be no "love". So I tried to define "love" and found I, by myself, couldn't. Where did the emotion originate? I examined the scientific answers for the genetic dispositon of my emotional make-up but found no answer for the ORIGINATION of love. I concluded that love was an emotion that I feel when something is made perfect within me. When I looked at my children I felt LOVE because they were the PERFECT expression of love in my life. They made me complete and gave my life purpose. But I had not created them. I had only been the vessel through which they came into being. Therefore, the proof of God that I was looking for existed within my own experience. God is Love and that Love is expressed everyday in my own life. How could I not acknowledge the existance of a God that gave me such completeness, joy, happiness, laughter, sillyness... and purpose for living? Once I acknowledged Him, I then had to interact with Him. What I found was a relationship with my creator that went beyond anything I had ever known. How wonderful it is to have a Savior who has walked in my shoes and knew my deepest and saddest transgression and chose to love me anyway! So much so, that He gave His life for me. I couldn't turn away. I have only continued to turn towards HIM grateful for the grace and mercy extended to me when I was ugly covered in my sins.

I try to be very careful about how I interact with people who are not believers like me. I try not to step on toes, but this is Christianity in it's purest form: the love of Christ poured out for all to recieve. For some, I think it takes longer than for others. But the good news is that even if you don't believe that He exists, He still believes in you and He loves you unconditionally. Even when your ugly covered in your sins.

#144373 12/01/04 11:11 PM
Atheism is a broken, hurting child. When someone screams thier unbelief in Him they're simply stating to all the world how very hurt they are, how alone they feel and how broken their spirits are.
All beings KNOW there's a God. One form or the other we all know He's here with us. What do you say when you get hurt? Who doesn't say "Oh, God" at one time or the other?
When walking through you're deepest fears don't you start praying?
None of us really wants to belive we're monkies grown up from some dry land a million years ago. No, well all want to belife there's someone up there that cares for us, guides us and Loves us.
Remember Jesus at the well? With the broken, sinful woman? Did he ever hate her? Did he ever get impatient with her? Would he have been as kind with me? How about with the idiot that won't stop spouting how Evil God is? Nope, Jesus kept calm even when He wanted to lose it.

#144374 12/05/04 12:28 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
Where I live, which is in the U.S.A., I am allowed by law, to believe in whatever God(s) and/or Goddess(es) I want to believe in. I am also allowed to not believe in any Gods or Goddesses at all. That is called religious freedom.

I understand that this is a Christian forum. I am a Christian Wiccan/Witch. I believe in Father God of the Judeo/Christian belief. I believe in the Mother Goddess, who is the Holy Spirit of the Christian belief. I also believe in Jesus the Christ whom the Father and Mother bore together within the virgin womb of Mary. I believe in the teachings of Jesus, not the teachings of Paul which so many modern churches base their doctrines off of. I also believe in the fundamental basics of Wicca, such as the Wiccan Wheel of The Year and the Wiccan Rede. I celebrate each celebration of the Wheel as well as most of the Christian celebrations that coinside with some of these Pagan celebrations. I practice Crystal and Gemstone Magic, tarot, runes, and scrying. I study The Holy Bible, The Apocropha, The Dead Sea Scrolls, and The Nag Hammadi Library.

I have the right to believe these things. An athiest has the right to believe as they believe. You have the right to believe as you believe. You do not have the right, though, to tell others that they must convert, that they must think one way, and they must do this, and must do that.

The Holy Text that you hold so dear speaks of free will. We all have free will to do and say and believe as we will. You may not like how others live their lives, but trying to force them to do your will, and trying to fool yourselves into thinking that it's your God's will, is only going to lead to a massive headache and enemies in the end. Of course you'll probably say something along the lines of, that you will count it a blessing to be hated for the Lord, or that many hated Jesus and that you expect the same for yourself.

#144375 12/05/04 11:49 PM
Hey Lady Valkyrie, have you found in your christian/Wiccan walk a bit of trouble keeping your feet under one God?
I used to be Wiccan, and still belive some of the ideas are awesome. But had some problems staying Wiccan because I've always belived there is only one God, even when practing Wicca.
I don't do tarot, runes or scrying, when He's ready He will revel the future to me. To anyone that asks He gives His gifts.
Wish He'd reveal the past as readialy though. *grin*
Wicca says that each has powers/gifts that can be trained, and as humans that's not to far off the mark, but these gifts come from Him.
Oh and about the Bible, don't belive just one passage or chapter and base your life on it. The whole bible ties into the entire part and you can't take just one part out of context or you'll blow it all.
Like my husbands favorite, 1Cr 7:4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
Ha, he forgets the other rules and regulations and boy it's sometimes a real pain reminding him. *laugh*
The Christian religion teaches that a woman holds no place in the church, we are drudges to our Husbands and families. We have no place inside of God's kingdom other than hard workers, check out the final chapter of Proverbs!
Alot of people seem to think that we wouldn't need servants and slaves to get the work done that woman did. Think we should be superwoman, but that isn't what God wants of us.
Bible reading is awesome, but go at it as if it's a textbook and you're in class.
BIBLE---Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.
There's your heavenly handbook, dig in.

#144376 12/06/04 02:23 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
Quote:
Originally posted by luvtheman777:
[qb] Hey Lady Valkyrie, have you found in your christian/Wiccan walk a bit of trouble keeping your feet under one God?
[/qb]
No I don't. I believe in Father God of the Judeo/Christian Belief. I believe in Mother Goddess, who for me is the Holy Spirit of the Christian belief. I believe in Jesus the Christ, the son that The Father God and the Mother Goddess bore together through the human virgin Mary. I do believe that the Divine has many faces in which it reveals itself to everyone in a different way. Therefore I do not look down upon those who may call upon the Celtic, Roman, or Greek Gods and Goddesses.

#144377 12/06/04 10:00 PM
I believe in Father God of the Judeo/Christian Belief. I believe in Mother Goddess, who for me is the Holy Spirit of the Christian belief. I believe in Jesus the Christ, the son that The Father God and the Mother Goddess bore together through the human virgin Mary. I do believe that the Divine has many faces in which it reveals itself to everyone in a different way. Therefore I do not look down upon those who may call upon the Celtic, Roman, or Greek Gods and Goddesses.

You've certainly covered all bases. But Christianity and Wicca are different religions. My understadning is that one can't be both. See ROMANS 1:11-2:29.
It's a long one, but I think it's a good message. One can't marry earthly religion with Salvation through Christ. Like it says specifically in 1:25:
"They exchanged the truth for a lie, and worshipped and served created things rather than the Creator - who is forever praised Amen."

It's kind of out of context(the passage is specifically speaking toward homosexual practices among the Romans and God's view of that kind of behavior) but it makes a clear expression that we are to serve God and Him alone...read the whole package while thinking about the contradiction of Wicca and Christianity. Here at Bella we have a wonderful Editor of Wicca. Rae is a nice woman and her expertise in her religion is one I respect. Maybe you could speak with her regarding the topic too? I don't believe you can be both. Both are religions. Both have different lifestyles associated with them. I think being a "Christian Wiccan" could be a New Age term. You might research it. Just some thoughts...

#144378 12/07/04 12:14 AM
Elephant
Elephant
Actually, Jenna, I edit the Pagan forum. Our Wicca editor is Fiona who I consider to be very knowledgeable on the topic.

Personally, I think it is valid for Lady Valkyrie to pursue her beliefs and identify herself as she has chosen. That is one of the major tenents of Pagan beliefs, that just because someone has a different religion or belief does not make them right or wrong.

ROMANS 2-1:
"Therefore thou art inexcusable, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things."

#144379 12/09/04 01:02 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
Quote:
Originally posted by Jenna - Christianity Editor:
[qb] I believe in Father God of the Judeo/Christian Belief. I believe in Mother Goddess, who for me is the Holy Spirit of the Christian belief. I believe in Jesus the Christ, the son that The Father God and the Mother Goddess bore together through the human virgin Mary. I do believe that the Divine has many faces in which it reveals itself to everyone in a different way. Therefore I do not look down upon those who may call upon the Celtic, Roman, or Greek Gods and Goddesses.

You've certainly covered all bases. But Christianity and Wicca are different religions. My understadning is that one can't be both. See ROMANS 1:11-2:29.
It's a long one, but I think it's a good message. One can't marry earthly religion with Salvation through Christ. Like it says specifically in 1:25:
"They exchanged the truth for a lie, and worshipped and served created things rather than the Creator - who is forever praised Amen."

It's kind of out of context(the passage is specifically speaking toward homosexual practices among the Romans and God's view of that kind of behavior) but it makes a clear expression that we are to serve God and Him alone...read the whole package while thinking about the contradiction of Wicca and Christianity. Here at Bella we have a wonderful Editor of Wicca. Rae is a nice woman and her expertise in her religion is one I respect. Maybe you could speak with her regarding the topic too? I don't believe you can be both. Both are religions. Both have different lifestyles associated with them. I think being a "Christian Wiccan" could be a New Age term. You might research it. Just some thoughts... [/qb]
I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read this. You'll have to forgive me. Do you actually believe that I, in dealing with Wicca, get down on bended knee and worship things in Nature as though they were the actual Dieties that I have chosen to worshiP? If you believe this you are extremely misguided in your understanding of what Wiccans believe. Many, many, many Wiccans I know personally believe in a creation story of some sort. They believe in the Divine creating the Earth and Nature. Wiccans have an extreme respect for the Earth and Nature. They make it a goal in life to do all that they can to help to heal the Earth and Nature of the Damage that we as humans have done to it. I personally believe in a creation story. I worship the creator and have extreme respect for the Earth and Nature and do all I can to commune with the Divine through Nature and taking care of this blessed creation that we have been given to care for.

How much do you really know about Wicca? Or are you just regurgitating what you've been fed by others within your church? I'm curious.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.