logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I like my question too, And as far as I know I made it up! yup, I made it up.

Well, it's good read what you have written.

Can I ask you what type of cristian you are? I mean like are you catholic or protestant?

just some more curiosity.

Quote:
I see nothing wrong with exploring other perceptions to the answer to the meaning of life. I am merely saying that for me I have found it.
how do you know what you have found is IT?

The I is moving

I would rather live in my own shadow...at least then I would be compared to a past I'm more familiar with ~I~

Fear me, Hate me, Curse me, for I will question your every move ~I~

My past hold much pain and loss. I will conquer it by creating the perfect future ~Ixidor the Reality Sculptor (Magic the Gathering)~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
You ask what kind of Christian I am. I follow no denomination. I follow jesus. I believe in Him. I don't allow men (or women) to influence my relationship with Him. I do attend a church...it is Rocky Mountain Calvary Church in Colorado Spings. The reason I like this church is that the pastor follows the Bible verse by verse. He is accountable to the Word of God straight from the Bible. He applies it to his life and he's kinda funny. He's a real guy who just tells it like it is.

But I am a believer in Christ...not protestant, not Catholic...not anything like that. I don't have a problem with people who are...but I'm not into all the rules that come along with some of that for me.

Then you asked me how do I know that what I found is IT

I am merely saying that for me I have found it. I am different than I used to be. I am less selfish and less self centered. I think of others more often. I am at peace more than i have ever been before. I am content. I am grateful for the simplest things in life like a smile or kindness or heartfelt thoughtfulness. I recognize God in my world and am grateful that I have a wonderful Savior that knows me and accepts me. I have joy.

This is really the only answer I have....without being redundant...my fingers get tired...lol. Your curiousity about me is welcome...being curous is how we get the answers we are searching for....

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
thanks for your input

The I is moving

I would rather live in my own shadow...at least then I would be compared to a past I'm more familiar with ~I~

Fear me, Hate me, Curse me, for I will question your every move ~I~

My past hold much pain and loss. I will conquer it by creating the perfect future ~Ixidor the Reality Sculptor (Magic the Gathering)~
I'm gonna tell you a little story. It's relevent.
I've had my ups and downs with Christianity. It was during one of my down trips, at the time I was into Wiccan. My sister had come to the Christian religion. She then lead a few others into the church. Evenutally my own husband. Boy when he told me he was going to Church I was laughing my durn head off. I told him how stupid he was to follow the flock. *shake head*
A few weeks later he asked me as his wife to attend his baptism which was important to him, and me being a live and let live kinda girl I went.
After the ceremony we had prayer services, a few of husband's church friends say can we please pray with you. I said sure why not, NEVER ever hurt anyone's feelings if you can avoid it.
After that moment I changed in GREAT ways, small ways. Many ways. But the people around me did not. Nor could they see the changes.
I left the church because I couldn't put up with the infighting, the selfishness, the constant pointing out others wrongs and blithely ignoring thier own.
Being an outsider, with very interesting ideas, I got picked on alot. I was always being told how WRONG my beliefs were, even though I could "prove" them in the bible.
I was even "prayed" over that my stupidity and blindness would leave me and I could "read" what the bible meant.
Well religion, can kiss my bliss. God, Jesus and I are living happily ever after. In MY way. I do NOT need some formal institue to tell me I'm right or wrong, I get enough of that in my government.
The church is for support, mental, spiritual, physical, it's a place where friends should be able to go and be "family".
It's not a place to go and get lessons in Self hatred.
I've been an avid bible reader/studier my whole life, I always loved the stories. Imagining the people and places. The one thing I've noticed about the bible is it's theme. The 10 commandments can basically be said in one sentance. Love one another in forgivness and tolerance.
You love God you don't go worshiping another one. You love your friend you don't go stealing from them. You love your spouse you don't go cheating on them. You love someone you don't go feeling sorry because they have something you want. You love someone you don't go telling lies that end them up in prision.
See what I'm saying?

Oops.!
Now ask yourself this, how many christians do you know they apply the 10 commandments? I can honestly say from my experiences maybe 1 in 500. And the good ones aren't usualy religious Christians. Just Faithful ones.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.