Hello, popped through here and thought it would be a good place to ask a question.

I'm wondering if anyone here could help me with a little curiosity I can't seem to shake about an image I came across in some album artwork. It is a photograph of what looks to be maybe a bronze(?) ornament/figure of a birdlike creature. It is golden in color except for the eye which is blue (stone?). It's upper body resembles an eagle form with wings and reminds me of native north american art somewhat.

But the thing that strikes me is the lower part of it's form. The more I looked at this image the more the lower body (legs and tail) looked strangely un-birdlike. It seemed to me to resemble the front legs and head of a lizard like creature, as if the image as a whole represented two opposite ideals in itself. It's a beautiful image anyway yet this strange aspect continues to fascinate me!

Of course my perspective is totally subjective as far as I know, though maybe somebody with knowlegde of any 'multi-formed' mythological symbols could shed some light on my uncertainty.

Also just in case anyone has/heard of it, the album with the photograph in it is 'Into the Labyrinth' by Dead Can Dance, and under the picture of this particular image is the word/name 'Saldek' -a word, also that alludes me!

Thanks to any replies. I'm probably gonna confuse anyone reading this more than I am already though! :-)

skyfurr.

Oklahomanana