logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#142495 10/22/02 01:25 PM
Mrs. MG Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi I'm Lou and I'm new on these boards, I'm Lou from the UK.

Me and my husband started home educating our eldest son, 11,in September and it's going really well. We all love it!

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good website for us to try or any other resources we could find.

Thanks in advance.

Lou
www.freelollies.com
Leading brand kids clothing at a fraction of the high street prices, with free worldwide delivery (and lollies!)

We have no help from the education authority

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#142496 10/26/02 02:18 PM
Hi there! I have a soon to be 12 year old daughter and an 8 year old son.

If you open your web browser and search for homeschool, home education and other terms associated with these (such as free printable worksheets) you will find tons of sites.

Are you looking for anything specific?

#142497 10/27/02 07:48 AM
with homeschooling would your child sit his GCSEs or are there seperate home schooling exams? if he will be sitting his exams there are plenty of good Uk sites aimed towards helping with exams (allthough many of them are for revision purposes), the BBC has a good revision site (which i used when i did my GCSEs last year) but i dought it would have enough detail for earning from scratch. you csan definetelly get the Sylabuses off the net which are EXTREMELLY helpfull. Does anyone know what happened to Cherise Kelly (the old school reform host- she posted nearly everyday then a few days after september the 11th (2001) she never posted again, now theres a new host but they dont seem to have a board so i cant ask

#142498 10/28/02 10:49 AM
Hello,

I'm a long time homeschooler in California/US. Welcome to the homeschooling world! It can be scary, but wonderfully exiting too!

I don't know a lot about homeschooling in the UK, but I understand it not regulated much.

I'm glad you are having a fun time, and we all look forward to hearing more about your family.

#142499 11/07/02 10:43 AM
Mrs. MG Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi

Thank you all for your replies - we had an inspector round last Friday for our first check - he was very impressed.

I have found a lot of stuff on the internet for Kyle, though I sometimes feel guilty about handing him a worksheet and leaving him to get on with it - and I sometimes wonder if he would really rather be at school with his friends, though he says not.

He really seems to enjoy it especially The Iron Science Teacher! We've tried a few experiments from there - including the marshmallow one (though he managed to melt a plate in the process).

It's amazing how much he's changed in two months - speaking better, spelling better, neater writing etc.

Anyway, thanks again - got to go now and feed the rest of the tribe :-)

Lou
www.freelollies.co.uk

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.