logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#141878 05/05/03 04:51 PM
Hi Lynne,

"That sounds good and is what I used to believe. However, it sounds like shopping for clothes. Does it fit? Is it confortable? If it doesn't fit next year, shall I throw it away?
God is so much BIGGER than that and deserves so much more."

I'm nodding my head. I agree with you. It may sound like it's a bit like shopping for clothes and somewhat dispensable to some who have found their spiritual anchor. But, I think for those who are still searching for a spiritual "home" it's far better than belonging to a religion or faith simply because one grew up in it or their family has always done it. I think spirituality should feed the heart's famished affections and be a choice. That's why it's neat if someone is doing an honest search… God meets us where we are and leads us in just the right path. Sometimes it may seem like a circuitous path but it's the one that was needed for our spiritual development.

It's sounds like you've given this topic a lot of thought. I'd love to hear more about your jouney.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#141879 05/05/03 09:09 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Valdeen,
It sounds like you are a serious searcher and I'm sure you on your way to finding the right place.

It may not be the belief you grew up in.. or it may. Sometimes, that belief just wasn't shown clearly. Sometimes those who have been in a faith for many years have lost the fire in their spirit. It is sad because when that happens, they can't teach their children spiritual truth.

#141880 05/05/03 11:22 PM
Koala
Koala
Quote:
Originally posted by Lynne Chapman:
[qb]I think there is a point where God will not speak to them anymore. [/qb]
I think it's more of a point where a person refuses to hear him. But I don't believe there is a point where he stops speaking to us.

#141881 05/06/03 07:21 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I'm thinking of the Bible passage - Romans 1:18-32

If someone wants to know God, He will keep working with them until they understand.

#141882 05/06/03 01:18 PM
Hi Lynne,

"Sometimes those who have been in a faith for many years have lost the fire in their spirit. It is sad because when that happens, they can't teach their children spiritual truth."

It is sad when that happens. But, I feel we need to trust that, like you said before, God is bigger than us and even we can't interfere with His/Her plan for us. He guides every event of our lives.

I guess I speak for myself here, but I know I go through times when my trust and faith are tested. It's seems like a winter of inspiration when not much is happening. But, all the while growth was going on--I just couldn't see it. Then looking back the hard times were really teaching me some needed lessons to help me move forward.

Like Jesilee said it might seem like we can't hear Him but He's talking to us all the time. When we're able to silence all the negative thoughts, then we hear Him. At least, that's what I've experienced. Although, I must admit, it's sometimes it's not so easy to do that.

There is a poem I like by Abraham Rutgers called "Gratitude." Here's part of it...

...God is Mind and holy thought is sending;
Man, His image, hears His voice.
Every heart may understand His message,
In His kindness may rejoice.
Lo, He speaks, all condemnation ending,
Every true desire with Love's will blending;
Losing self, in Him we find
Joy, health, hope, for all mankind.

During the times when it seems like I'm not hearing God's voice, I remind myself of this poem.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.