logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
In the past many Poles worked in Libya, now the relationship with Libya is being reestablished again!

a fragment from:
http://www.turkishpress.com/business/news.asp?id=050103201428.6sqlt9sv.xml

WARSAW (AFP) - Polish Prime Minister Marek Belka is to travel to Libya on Wednesday for a two-day visit that will include talks on Polish-Libyan cooperation in the oil sector, officials said here.

"Poland is looking to diversify its sources of gas and oil supplies and Libya could become a potential source," said deputy foreign minister Boguslaw Zaleski.

Belka will be accompanied by a large delegation from the Polish oil industry.

Poland is anxious to re-establish the close economic ties it had with Libya when the Communist Party was in power here in the 1970s and 1980s.

In those two decades, some 130,000 Poles worked in Libya on road and rail development projects and many Libyans pursued their studies in Poland, according to Zaleski.

The two countries are also trying to resolve the question of Poland's 30-million-dollar debt to Libya, which dates from the 1970-1980s.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Khaddafi has mellowed. He made deals with USA & Israel.

Gecko
Gecko
I had a family member who worked in Libya back then I believe. My father has told me stories of how strict they were there. If a driver got arrested, so did his "car" and it was put in jail (more of an impound lot).

Tomek

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. -St. Paul

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.