Print Thread
#114572 09/10/02 09:20 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Where were you?
I was at both my jobs on that day. You will find my remembrance of being at the salon here.
Remembering September 11,2001

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#114573 09/10/02 11:54 AM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I work from home and normally stay up late. I was asleep and my boyfriend was on his computer when he heard the news from his on line friends. I was actually sleeping down on the futon in front of the TV because it was hot, so he came in, woke me up and turned it on. He stayed home and we just sat staring at the TV all day, horrified. The people jumping from windows really got to me the most - that they would be so desperate that their only "choice" they could make was to choose themselves when to die.

His parents are both retired NY police detectives, so around 1pm I called his parents to make sure they were OK. It turns out his mom was off at her job. His dad had been out painting all morning and hadn't even turned on the TV yet so he had no idea what was going on. He answered the phone very cheerfully and I was very surprised, and asked, "Are you watching TV?" He said no, he'd been out painting, what was up? I couldn't even speak and just handed the phone to my boyfriend, saying "He doesn't even know!" and my boyfriend had to catch him up on what happened. I remember just being so further overwhelmed that here this was really important to my father-in-law - his friends were all down in that mess - and he didn't even know. He got off the phone with us quickly once he had the basics so he could start calling and see what he could do to help.

Lisa, Birding Enthusiast
#114574 09/10/02 12:02 PM
Gecko
Gecko
I was at home doing some designs for model homes that I had been hired to decorate. I always used to watch the morning news so I caught it almost within minutes of the first plane.

I remember hoping that this wasn't terrorism. ABC had live footage rolling when the second plane hit. I knew then what was going on. It seems like only a few minutes later the Pentagon was hit and I headed to get my husband up. I was so overwhelmed with emotions that I remember feeling like I just had to have him up and with me. He had worked the night shift because he gave the night off to both employees the night before.

I remember him opening his eyes and saying "what's wrong?". I told him both World Trade Center Buildings have been hit with planes and now the Pentagon and planes are missing in the air.

Needless to say we kept our little boys close but not watching the horror. We only seperated long enough that day for me to pick up the older kids from schoo.

#114575 09/10/02 04:24 PM
Gecko
Gecko
My husband works 3rd shift - he was visiting with his Dad. They sat in horror watching the towers fall. My husband called me at work and we "watched" together.

I was working a data entry job at a freight paying company....we went to CNN, turned on the radio and I sat on the phone with my husband.

After the towers fell, my husband picked up our son from school and the company where I was working closed early. My boys came and picked me up.

We spent the evening, together, in shock watching the images on the television. Hearing the screams, trying to explain to a 9 year old. It was very hard to let my husband leave for work that night - my son and I slept curled together through the night.

~*~KATE~*~
#114576 09/10/02 09:28 PM
I was at my clients teaching a one on one class with a woman who has since passed on when Ray called me to tell me what was going. Since I am a contract trainer, I do not have internet access there. My large classroom there was occupied with one of their corporate trainers and 12 students learning one of their proprietary systems. Just as I hung up the phone the head of MIS came in to give the news. From that point everyone went on line in that classroom and no learning took place the remainder of the day. Needless to say we all stayed glued to the net to keep up to date with what was happening. Who could concentrate on anything else. Two students in that class room had JUST been released from the service ... of concern was their likelihood of call back. Fortunately, they were not.

I remember begin scared, shocked ... unable to focus on anything else for day.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.