logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
The Passion of the Christ Preview

Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ, which centers on the last twelve hours of Jesus' life, is now open in theaters across the nation. Here are some of my thoughts about the film prior to seeing it... read more

Please feel free to come back with any comments or questions.

Do you plan on seeing this Passion movie? Or if you've already seen it, what are your thoughts about it?

Peace in Christ,

Sponsored Post Advertisement
OP Offline
The Passion of the Christ Movie Review

We all know the story and have heard many recounts of the Passion of Jesus Christ. Mel Gibson’s The Passion of the Christ does seem to take some dramatic license while still being true to the message... read more

Have you seen the movie? Do you plan to? If you have, what are your thoughts about it?

Peace in Christ,

Hi Melissa,

I did see the movie. I wrote an article about my experience. You can read it here:
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art18460.asp

Like I say in it, I felt like jumping up and down and singing after it ended. I can't really explain except to say that if someone walked away from that movie and didn't seek after the Lord then I think they need to see it again. I think it was historically accurate. I have been critisized for allowing my 13 yearold son see it. But I think it's important for young people to get the message that Jesus DIED and was TORTURED for them also. Us adults seem to have a greater handle on this than teens do. They are still in their "indestructable" mode. Sionce my family saw it together, my son has seen the movie again taking one of his friends to see it. That was intense for me. Just hearing how he was answering the questions his friend had made me want ot fall on my face and thank God for this kid he gave me. Imagine a 13 yearold kid leading his friend to Christ...How many people have we led there? It blows my mind....

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.