logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#110848 03/03/04 02:23 AM
wb_kang Offline OP
OP Offline
I am a foreign gay male wishing to marry a US lesbian citizen to become legal in the USA. My boyfriend who is a US citizen is willing to do the same for a lesbian couple in the same situation. Is anyone interested?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
If you have not checked out immigration laws, you may want to do that before moving along with your plan.

Unless the laws have changed since I last looked about two to three years ago, they are pretty hard to get around with no guarantee if actual citizenship.

The typical amount of time spent on all this was at least two years.

I understand that you are likely feeling desperate but marrying and carrying on a fraudelent marriage may not be the easiest or best way into the U.S.

I haven't really looked at the laws outside of marriage but maybe becoming a student or worker here. Perhaps your career choice may make it easier for you to remain.

One thing is certain..there is a lot of legal paperwork, it is very easy to make an error and be sent home with little to no chance of ever becoming a citizen.

I found these links:

[url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I agree completely - I have heard many horror stories from people who went through all sorts of trouble and effort (and spent a lot of money) and in the end they ended up worse off than before because all of that time and money was wasted. I would really look into legal means of getting employment in the US if it is your desire to work here.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
I have a cousin who married a man from another country. He came into the U.S. on a student visa (I think that is the proper term) They married, had two children and he was denied permanent status and sent back to his home country. I am not sure of all the details.

He has given up trying to get through all the red tape and they have divorced instead. I really feel for the kids myself.

The paperwork and funds required seemed like a huge hassle and it seemed far too easy to make serious errors.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Oh my goodness, what a horror story. I couldn't imagine being married and having my spouse sent out of the country.

My first husband wasn't born in the U.S. but he was here legally and had his residency before I married him. He became a citizen while we were married but I remember reading those forms and I think there was a 3 year or more marriage box that was checked off. I don't think it really made a difference if he was married to a U.S. citizen for less than three years unless he had a child with her. (I think.)

I feel so bad for people in situations where a spouse or loved on has to leave. How awful.

Victoria, Honeymoon Editor
[url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
The deal is, he must have broken some visa law or something to be denied. It is a tough process but if you never overstayed you visa you will have a much easier time.

Fraudulent marriages are illegal and beleive me the multiple interviews are designed to trip-up frauds. They even ask which side of the bed your spouse sleeps on!

Besides, anyone even answering your reply with the intent of helping a fraud is exposing themselves to immigration fraud charges.

Venge,

None of the responses supported fraud as we all attempted to dissauade the poster from his original plan.

Considering the nature of the content of the first post, I do believe it was far better to respond civilly and offer sites so the poster could see for himself what the law has to say about the situation he proposed.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.