logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
tiflynn Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me with something. i got my nostril pierced on 9-30-04 with a nostril screw. It's an 18 g Cubic zirconia. On sun. i woke up with the CZ even with my nose with this skin-like stuff on it. I have to keep pushing it out cuz it keeps going in. I'm worried about it. I got it done at a reputable tattoo parlor, where i had my eyebrow done at another one of thier locations. I was told to clean it with distilled water and sea salt. I've been using regular salt. Is this common and what am i to do to make sure it doesn't get infected or go in any farther? I'm lost and it still is sore. I was told I can't change it for 3-4 months, is it a wrong size? I'm starting with a cold and have been blowing my nose alot lately, which pushes it in even more. I also had a little boy 5 weeks ago when i had it done. Does that interfer with it because of healing,etc.? Thank you so much.

tiffany

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
Tiffany,

First off, regular table salt and sea salt are not the same. Sea salt does not have added chemicals or iodine, which might be adding to the irritation that you are getting.

If you get sick, especially if you blow your nose alot, that's going to add to the irritation.

When your nose is newly pierced, the tissues swell from the trauma and from the body bringing more blood to the area to try and help heal it. Wearing a stud can be hard, as they usually fit it based on the thickness of your nose before you get it pierced. Then when you get the actual piercing, you swell up. You need to either go back to the piercer and have them switch it to a stud with a longer post area for the part that goes in your nose, or you need to switch it to a ring.

Try taking a bit of supplemental Vitamin C and zinc to aid with the healing. Go as easy as you can on the nose as far as your cold and repeated nose blowing go. There's not much that can be done about that really.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.