logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
heya,
i have had my belly pierced, at the top, for approx. 6 weeks now. And recently i have had some lymph with blood, coming out from the underneath of the bottom hole. I have had this for a few days now , although some days it will be there and some days it wont. I'm just wondering if this is an infection? and if there's any cleaning 'tricks' i can do to fix and heal this?
Please reply as soon as possible as this is worrying me slightly, thank you. Love Joanne x

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
This is a good case for hot salt water soaks. This will relax the swollen tissues and help any extra fluids come out. It might be part of your regular healing or it might be the beginning of an infection.

Make sure clothing you wear does not rub it, and that your sheets and towels are changed more often. Everything that happens to it contributes to it being kept clean and free of irritation.

dont worry so much about it just clean how your supposed to and it will be fine. alot of the time its the fact that you might touch it alot because your so curios or worried that might cause it to get worse. ihave mine and it to got infected but its better now and i love it!

first off, i highly recommend using a spray called "H2Ocean".. its purified ocean salt water with all the minerals intact. it has kept my bellybutton piercing clean and healthy.

i periodically, every couple of months, get something like what you describe. a lil neosporin ointment w/ pain medication fixes it up after a coupla applications thru out the day. it's usually cleared up the next day and back to normal.

i hope your piercer told you it can take up to 2 years to properly and fully heal a bellybutton piercing.

V***V

:: i am a deeply superficial person ::
warhol
Elephant
Elephant
As far as the recommendation above, I would skip the high priced body mod care products. They don't give you anything you would not get by dissolving sea salt in hot water, and it's soooo much more expensive.

Navel piercings have some of the longest healing times and healing problem rates of all body piercings. Sadly, all the attention they get in the press tends to boost the perception of them as something you can go casually do.

My own navel took one and a half years to heal. I could not wear blue jeans for three years. It changed how I bathed, slept, dressed and dealt with stress. It flared up fresh monthly for a good year as part of my menstrual cycle. It grossed out relatives and made lovers uneasy.

However, a decade after the fact, I love it and live well with it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.