BellaOnline
Scientists have discovered that a glass of red wine can prevent the build up of cholesterol after a meal of dark or red meat.

Read the news article here

What red wine do you like with meat?

I think malbec aor pinotage goes great with a steak, I like a cabernet/merlot blend with roast lamb, a shiraz or zinfandel with a meat stew -- well, actually any big flavoursome red will do for me.
Scientists at the University of California, Davis, think that a group of chemicals in red wine, called saponins, are linked to the ability to lower cholesterol The tests showed that the Red Zinfandel has the highest levels of saponins followed by Syrah. Also, I believe reducing inflammation helps. My wine is usually organic. So, any red will do. But I recently had the pleasure of having a cannonau wine Cannonau I Fiori Pala I FIORI CANNONAU DI SARDEGNA D.O.C.. Controlled Origin Denomination. Red Wine. This wine was previously named Triente. Would love to have more!!! Just can't find it in Chicago!
Welcome, HappyMe

The wine you are looking for in Chicago is available from

Mainstreet Wines
5425 South La Grange Road, Countryside, IL 60525
www.mainstreetwine.us

It is an Italian wine from the island of Sardinia made from the grape they call Cannonau but which is more widely known as Garnacha(in Spain) and Grenache elsewhere.

The winery fact sheet about your particular wine is here
www.pala.it/index.php/en/cannonau

If you like this wine you should also enjoy Grenache/Garnacha from other countries so you may like to experiment.

Come back and let us know if you managed to get to Mainstreet Wines.
© BellaOnline Forums