BellaOnline
Posted By: Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook Are you a Brussels hater? - 01/31/16 08:30 PM
Well, you don't have to be. Sprouts are packed with vitamin K and vitamin C AND in peak season right now during the winter months. Here is one of my versions of Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Herbs.

My children beg me to make these and they are always finished up. Try them or create your own version - it's easy to make.

Roasted Brussels
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Are you a Brussels hater? - 01/31/16 11:45 PM
I was going to say that I'd never been to Brussels, so had no opinion, but I see that it's vegetables! Well the vegetables I definitely like - unless they're cooked by people who don't know how to cook vegetables.

Found a recipe that roasted sprouts with carrots, parsnips & potatoes and the family loved it. I didn't put bacon in with them, but had some gorgeous thick-cut sweet cure bacon which a local butcher does. I baked that on that side and served it with the vegetables. Yum.

I've copied your recipe, will have to give it a try.
Thanks Mona!

That bacon sounds divine!

I've also added balsamic glaze to them as well and tossed around. They caramelize really well and turn out pretty darn tasty.
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Are you a Brussels hater? - 02/03/16 08:29 PM
The recipe I tried has them tossed in olive oil and assorted herbs, salt and pepper. I can only assume the lack of garlic was a mere oversight, so either add some garlic cloves to the mix or garlic salt or pepper.

But I like the sound of a balsamic glaze. I must give that a try too. Yum.
I love them in all of their forms. I used to beg my mother for "those little cabbages."
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Are you a Brussels hater? - 02/09/17 06:49 AM
I love Brussel sprouts - steamed lightly till just fork tender and served with a tiny smear of butter (or not). smile
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Are you a Brussels hater? - 02/09/17 02:30 PM
I love brussel sprouts too.
© BellaOnline Forums