BellaOnline
Posted By: lemSTAR707 ee - 11/10/09 10:06 PM
i need a really great lengthening and thickening mascara. I have tried so many different kids of mascara, and just can't find the one i'm absolutely in love with. Right now i am using the kind in the pink bottle with the lime green lid...i dont remember the name but its really popular. I really like this one, but i feel like i still need a little more lengthening and thickening. If anyone has ideas please share!! :D
Posted By: Angie-cosmetics editor Re: ee - 11/15/09 04:02 PM
The pink and green mascara is Maybelline Great Lash, which is a favorite of mine.

You might try CoverGirl Lash Blast Length Mascara or Max Factor 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper.

I can't offer personal experience on those, but both have great reviews.
Posted By: YogaEditor Re: ee - 11/16/09 10:19 PM
I recently started using Helena Rubenstein Mascara with great results. It's only available on the internet here in the U.S., but in other parts of the world there are retail locations/dept. stores.

One thing I do that I've noticed makes a tremendous difference and that's using preheated eyelash curler. Before this year, I may have tried one once or twice but tossed it aside. If you use your blowdryer to lightly heat the eyelash curler before using it - it does a great job of making the lashes pop.

Just be careful, don't burn yourself, and test it on your finger first. I only heat my curler for a few seconds and it's enough.

Stay healthy,

Nancy Welker
BellaOnline Yoga Editor
Posted By: lemSTAR707 Re: ee - 12/02/09 05:21 AM
thank you guys so much for your help! i'm thinking about getting the max factor. i looked at it online and i'm diggin it (: i was wondering if any of you guys know about anything that can help with acne? i never got it when i was in high school but they are popping in from every direction now adays!! ahhhh
Posted By: johannaelton Re: ee - 02/18/10 02:27 PM
I find the best mascara on the market is Dior lengthening . You can buy it at stores like Macy's ...Or Sephoria it is around 30.00 but it is worth it.. Johanna
Posted By: johannaelton Re: ee - 02/18/10 02:29 PM
For acne try tee tree oil you can buy it at any organic food store it is a essential oil from australia. This works great just put a dot of oil on the pimple a couple times a day it will be gone. Hope that helps. Johanna
Posted By: sarahredhawk5 Re: ee - 05/26/10 09:12 PM
I see that all the articles here except one are about mascara. I would like to talk about foundations. For the longest time I used the liquid foundation but being middle aged I found that it showed my crows feet even more. One day I watched an info show about bare minerals. I decided to try it. What a wonderful difference, it covers every little blemish, red mark, crows feet, etc . It is an amazing product and I think all women in my age group should wear it, it makes you look so much younger.
It is wonderful, try it you will love it and glad you tried it.
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: ee - 06/02/10 03:24 AM
I, too, love Bare Minerals. When I was younger, I loved Cover Girl liquid foundation but it no longer works now that I am middle-aged, too.

But I did find another mineral-type foundation that works just as well as Bare Minerals. It was half the cost. I think I bought it in the cosmetics aisle at CVS.
Posted By: anna716 Re: ee - 06/02/10 11:57 AM
What is it called. The brand name so I can go buy it?
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: ee - 06/03/10 07:00 PM
I looked and guess what? It is a Cover Girl product. There is a CG on the cover. It is the TruBlends line.

I also saw that Avon is selling a mineral makeup. The current catalog is selling it for only $7.99. If yo use this link and use this code, you can get free shipping even if your order is only $1.

Lisa Binion is our Natural Living editor and is offering free shipping to BellaOnline members:

Lisa's Avon Store

And here are the codes. Try any one of them.
REPFS, FSWER, FSANY

smile
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: ee - 06/03/10 07:04 PM
I forgot to tell you that Sephora sells the Bare Escentuals Mineral Make-up (the one you saw on tv) and you don't have to pay for shipping or sign up for the auto ship program. Everyone is getting on board the mineral make-up band wagon though so be on the look-out for others.

This site has a new editor who is very knowledgeable about professional make-up. She'll have great insights to share soon. smile
Posted By: anna716 Re: ee - 06/03/10 07:33 PM
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: ee - 06/04/10 01:05 AM
Whoops. That Avon link broke. Here it is again:

Lisa's Avon Store

That will get you there!
Posted By: Jillian Jayde CosmeticsEd Re: ee - 06/04/10 08:23 PM
A heads up for the mineral make up lovers and those of you who are new to experimenting with mineral make up: Check the ingredients listed on the back of the box/bottle/package. The FDA only requires that a cosmetic have a minimal mineral component to bear the title, so cosmetic companies are well within their rights to also put in preservatives, artificial colours and fillers which can still irritate sensitive skin and create problem skin for those who are acne prone. Love, Luck and Beauty Always, Jillian Jayde
Posted By: Lady J Re: ee - 06/05/10 12:48 AM
Yes, check for those with talc. It is a common "filler" and "stabalizer" for mineral makeups.

Might I suggest pure mineral makeup like Lorenim. It can be purchased through health food stores and online. I use it in my professional makeup applications with my clients and I love it!
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: ee - 06/12/10 03:57 AM
You are both correct! The main ingredient of Cover Girl TruBlends mineral foundation is talc. But I am not allergic to it and the product does provide good coverage at a good price. So, for everyday make up wear, it is a good option for me.

Perhaps for special events I might pop for the better quality stuff.
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: ee - 06/15/10 05:27 AM
Oh and I noticed that the Avon mineral make-up does not have talc. Yay.
© BellaOnline Forums