BellaOnline
Posted By: Jilly Do you wear Foundation? - 04/14/08 09:19 PM
Do you put a base on your face? Check all the categories that apply to you:
Posted By: BrownBeauty Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 04/16/08 12:27 AM
I'm definitely a foundation girl. I love MAC Studio Fix and Iman Cream to Powder foundation.
www.ethnic-beauty-central.com
Posted By: Chelle - Marriage Editor Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 04/16/08 01:00 AM
When I do actually take the time to do makeup, I do the full thing, including foundation.

Normally I use Bare Minerals (which does say it has an SPF of 15 on it). But sometimes when I want a heavier coverage (like for a special event at night) I'll use Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation.

Posted By: Bonniesa Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 04/16/08 01:16 AM
I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in the nude shade and also the Tru Blend in the ivory shades, but they are revamping that line since the ones that are shown in the Drew Barrymore commercials look different and they have nothing in the Cover Girl section at Walgreens.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 04/23/08 07:34 PM
I love Bare Minerals! And mine also has SPF in it. SO i use that one at home (the loose stuff doesn't travel well).

For on the go, I use an SPF pressed powder foundation with SPF by Stila.

I also like the tinted SPF moisturizers by Clinique and Paula's Choice.
Posted By: SILVER50 Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 04/26/08 08:07 PM
HI EVERYONE,
Yes, I do use foundation every day. I don't use any powder. My skin is very dry. So, I used tinted moisturizers or a foundation that contains moisturizer in it. I use different types too. Right now I am using Jane's tinted moisturizer. It is cheaper & at the Walgreens, most of the time it's on sale. Buy 1 get 1 free. Have a nice weekend, everybody. Judy K. Chicago.
Posted By: Lynne - ChristianLiving Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 04/26/08 09:49 PM
I have always worn foundation. I recently switched from the usual creamy type to mineral make up by Jane C Iredale. I love it. It is incredibly light. It tones my skin without looking made up and is very moisturizing.

I tried using my former brand once and couldn't stand it.
Posted By: doggiemom Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 04/26/08 10:44 PM
I use a foundation everyday. I like the double SPF protection from my moisturizer and foundation.

Is it really giving me double protection?
Posted By: BrownBeauty Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 04/29/08 03:42 AM
Does Bare Minerals provide good coverage? I've always assumed that it provided light coverage, which is why I've never tried it myself. The girls in the advertisements all have near-perfect skin, so I want to see them apply it to skin that has "issues".
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 04/29/08 04:01 AM
I used to use a liquid foundation every single day, when I was younger. I was acne prone and was convinced I needed a relatively thick layer to make my skin look healthy.

Now I'm almost forty and I just let me be me. I don't wear makeup or anything. I am lucky in that I work from home so I usually have nobody looking at me. Even when I go out with friends though, I figure either they take me as I am or I'm not going to worry about it smile Oddly at this point it seems more to me that the stuff I put on my face might cause skin irritation, that I'd rather leave it bare and "healthy" vs putting things on it which might cause it to break out or have rashes.
Posted By: BellaDeb Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 04/29/08 06:19 PM
I wear foundation when I go out, most of the time, unless it's a casual or outdoor thing, then I skip it.

I have a "ruddy" complexion and my foundation just covers some of the redness and uneven skin tone, I guess it's called.

And, being very fair, I do like to wear at least mascara and some eyeliner or shadow, so I often just do a quick foundation, eyes, lips thing.

Being "pink", I rarely wear blush.
Posted By: MoonMaidenSoap Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 06/10/08 12:41 PM
I used to use the full-gammut. Liquid foundation, concealor, loose powder and I kept a pressed powder compact in my purse for while I was out.

I'm in my early 30's and have very oily, acne-prone skin.

I've switched to Bare Minerals when I go out, occasional concealer when I have a bad break-out.

I've noticed a little less acne since switching, but now it's summer and with high humidity my oil-prone skin is breaking out along my hairline again.

I'm just not convinced the full line of foundations and concealors were helping my acne. I feel they were making it worse.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 06/10/08 07:18 PM
It really does depend on what's in the foundation, as far as acne goes. Some are really going to aggravate your skin. Some won't, unless you sleep in them. LOL

I think shopping for a foundation should be done with a ton of research about ingredients and not just color.

I tend to look for a lighter formulation - like a tinted moisturizer - and that also contains sunscreen.

And then, over that, I use the bare minerals powder foundation, to add more sunscreen and a hint of bronzing to my face (I chose a bare minerals foundation that is a tad darker than my skin, so it works great on my cheeks and in those sun-kissed spots that you normally use a bronzer to achieve). So my foundations are always multitasking!

I don't like a 'made-up' face on myself...I like my face to look healthy and glowy, using a light touch and making sure my makeup is actively helping my skin with antioxidants and sunscreen. smile
Originally Posted By: BrownBeauty
Does Bare Minerals provide good coverage? I've always assumed that it provided light coverage, which is why I've never tried it myself. The girls in the advertisements all have near-perfect skin, so I want to see them apply it to skin that has "issues".

I don't have even close to perfect skin and it does really well. The thing is to not use the brush that comes with the kit but to get a "full coverage" brush. I also bought the Prime Time and I was shocked at how well it worked. I know, I sound like an advertisement, but my makeup looks nearly as good at the end of the day as it does at the begining. So much so that people have commented. I love this stuff. On the other hand, I got an email from e.l.f. and they have a mineral foundation for wayyyyy less than Bare Minerals. I'm thinking of at least trying it out.
Posted By: MoonMaidenSoap Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 06/15/08 09:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Jilly
It really does depend on what's in the foundation, as far as acne goes. Some are really going to aggravate your skin. Some won't, unless you sleep in them. LOL

So true, I didn't learn the value of that until the last couple of years! shocked

I think shopping for a foundation should be done with a ton of research about ingredients and not just color.

I tend to look for a lighter formulation - like a tinted moisturizer - and that also contains sunscreen.

And then, over that, I use the bare minerals powder foundation, to add more sunscreen and a hint of bronzing to my face (I chose a bare minerals foundation that is a tad darker than my skin, so it works great on my cheeks and in those sun-kissed spots that you normally use a bronzer to achieve). So my foundations are always multitasking!

I have found that I do like to use a spot cover-up under my eyes and on any glaring blemishes. I use a good facial moisturizer as a base that has chamomile in it, the cover-up and then the bare minerals. Like you, I went just a tad darker with the bare minerals to help give me a little "sun kissed" glow. It has worked out well for me personally and I don't feel like I have stage make-up on every time I go out. wink

I don't like a 'made-up' face on myself...I like my face to look healthy and glowy, using a light touch and making sure my makeup is actively helping my skin with antioxidants and sunscreen. smile

Sounds like a great plan to me!

Peace,
Posted By: Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 06/15/08 09:57 PM
I don't wear foundation - takes too much time to put on and I just don't want to pay for it, I guess. I generally just wear mascara, liquid eye liner, and pencil in my eyebrows. If I'm going out somewhere special I'll put on eyeshadow and some lip stain as well. smile
Posted By: Aditi Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 06/28/08 07:36 AM
Ya i do use the foundation but my skin is very dry just my skin retains the make up for some hours can anyone suggest me a better
product which gives glow on my skin.............
=====================================================
Aditi
Addiction Recovery Alabama
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: GamerGrrl Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 07/06/08 06:16 PM
I use either a loose powder (I need a new color...mine's too yellow...I'm more pink), or a medium-coverage liquid foundation when I wear make up. I usually don't bother because I have no life and the only one that sees me is my husband (who thinks I'm pretty anyway).

The performer in me -always- needs foundation when going out. It's that whole "If I don't wear some kind of foundation, I will look like a ghost" thing that goes along with being a red head and in theatre. I also have social anxiety, so if I'm going to be in a crowd of people, I have a need to -feel- pretty...and usually that works with make up. I are a bad panda. *sad face*
Posted By: Jilly Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 07/06/08 07:50 PM
Why are you a bad panda - if it makes you feel more secure then it's a nice thing. smile
Posted By: SILVER50 Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 07/06/08 08:26 PM
HI,
I AGREE THAT YOU ARE NOT A BAD PERSON BECAUSE YOU FEEL BETTER WEARING MAKEUP. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. SO, I AGREE WITH JILLY. I ALSO WEAR MAKEUP DAILY. IT ALSO PROTECTS MY SKIN FROM THE SUN & ELEMENTS. KRYSSIE, I LOVE YOUR HAIR. IT IS JUST BEAUTIFUL. THE TEXTURE & THE COLOR. MY HUSBAND ALWAYS TELLS ME THAT I DON'T NEED MAKEUP. BUT I FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF WEARING IT. I HOPE THAT NOONE TAKES OFFENSE WITH THE CAPS. IT MAKES IT EASY ON MY EYES TO TYPE THIS WAY AT TIMES. I HOPE THAT EVERYONE HAD A NICE 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND. JUDY K. CHICAGO.
Posted By: JuliaHinton Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 07/09/08 12:20 AM
Yes, I wear foundation all the time. I never use to like the made up look, but now I think it is definitely worth it. I have acne scarring and bags too at the moment though they are improving vastly I still feel more confident wearing makeup.

I do the whole deal- in all natural colors. I work with customers and I find that people respond better when you take care of your personal presentation-even though I never judge a book by its cover I know a LOT of people do. If I had perfect skin or close to it I would probably only wear a little bit of eyeliner and eyeshadow and mascara daily.

Because I have worn make up everyday for the last 5 years I can perfect a full face of going out makeup in 15mins-including eyeliner, liquid liner, eyeshadows, mascara, blush or bronzer, moisturizer, coverstick, liquid foundation, powder foundation.

Considering the amount of makeup I use people have no clue how much I actually wear- a lot of people think I just wear a bit of loose powder and eyeiner. When I drop into work without makeup everyone is shocked-and I often get asked if I feel sick - because I look like s***! At first this was hurtful but now I am glad that I can spend 15mins a day just to walk around with a huge confidence boost- and feel good with myself.
Posted By: Monalisa Smile Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 07/28/08 05:27 PM
I'm not embarrassed by my acne, I only get embarrassed if I have have one looks like it's going to pop! I really wouldn't wear any make up if I had healthy looking skin. I agree with you though Lisa, I would rather just bare all then wear more make up on my already pop like zits. I feel like I would just spread the bacteria.
Posted By: Jan: Current Events Ed Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 07/28/08 05:51 PM
I wear a little foundation during summer but more in winter to give my very pale skin a bit more colour. I have acne scarring from 40 years ago and it is still visible and I find that a little foundation minimizes it.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 04/01/15 03:21 PM
Everytime I wear makeup it is the first thing I put on. Only with makeup and I only use four other things after (eyebrow pen + eye shadow + mascara + lipstick). I was told a few times that I should use a concealer for under my eyes (its very dark and has been like that since i was young) but that's sounds stupid to me, I don't want to go through that pain just because I have dark circles under my eyes. I would never put on makeup without foundation and I would never put on foundation without makeup.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 01/27/21 02:56 AM
I went for a long, long time without wearing makeup at all. Recently with a requirement to look professional for paid Zoom classes I began using foundation again. I only use it for the Zoom class and then wash it off. It does provide a more even tone to my skin. I wish our society wasn't still in a situation where we judged people by their even skin tone.
Posted By: Angie Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 01/27/21 03:14 AM
I hardly ever use foundation but sometimes when I do I mix it with my moisturizer. I probably shouldn't do that. It probably reduces the benefits of the moisturizer. Once on a cruise I took in a class and mineral powder worked super well.
Posted By: Krztypie Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 01/27/21 01:29 PM
Whenever I wear a foundation, I use Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup
Posted By: Krztypie Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 03/22/21 07:20 AM
Oh and also, I like the MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15.
Posted By: Luella Re: Do you wear Foundation? - 05/06/21 10:48 PM
Yes, to hide imperfections on my face.
© BellaOnline Forums