BellaOnline
Posted By: BellaDeb Cosmetic Tattooing - 02/12/06 03:00 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this. A neighbor is getting her lips tattooed. She has a scar that's not very noticeable, but she says lipstick won't stay on, so that's primarily why she's doing it. She's had 2 of 3 sessions. She's getting this done at a spa, not a tattoo shop, but the technician has worked for a doctor and has years of experience. It looks good, I was just wondering about longevity, risks, etc.
Posted By: Lynne - ChristianLiving Re: Cosmetic Tattooing - 02/12/06 07:14 PM
I have a friend who has done permanent makeup for years. She works in a salon but in Indiana she has to have a tattoo license.

She does excellent work and is very artistic. I have seen work by some others that looks OK but doesn't look as natural as what my friend does.

The kind she does will last about 4 or 5 years. It will never all fade away but most people have it retouched then.

I did an interview with her several years ago.

Interview with Permanent Makeup Artist
Posted By: BellaDeb Re: Cosmetic Tattooing - 02/12/06 07:33 PM
Thanks, Lynne. I never thought about eyebrows. I have a little gap from a childhood scar there myself and I'm really lazy about the eyebrow pencil.

I know one woman who had eyeliner done. I didn't like it at all. It was way too heavy and dark.
Posted By: Lynne - ChristianLiving Re: Cosmetic Tattooing - 02/12/06 11:04 PM
The woman I interviewed does a very fine line for eyeliner - (unless the client insists on a heavier one) With a fine line, you look very natural and if you want a 'made up' look, you use make-up!
Posted By: Firstmeight Re: Cosmetic Tattooing - 11/12/06 08:02 AM
I just had eyeliner done yesterday and I am really pleased with the results. I am saving up now to do my lips. I highly recommend it.
© BellaOnline Forums