BellaOnline
Posted By: PC & Vegetarian Editor Tacos or Burritos? - 03/06/09 02:40 AM
Which do you like best:
Tacos or Burritos?
and
What do you like in them?
Posted By: friendlygirl4u Re: Tacos or Burritos? - 03/06/09 02:44 AM
Tacos! And I love anything in them as long as they're crunchy!
Posted By: PC & Vegetarian Editor Re: Tacos or Burritos? - 03/06/09 02:52 AM
I'm burrito all the way or I can deal with soft tacos, but they just can't hold the obscene volumes of food I like stuffed in the burritos I like.

To me the burrito is the next frontier! It's a way of life and I think it's going to really catch on, if I have anything to do with it. laugh wink
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Tacos or Burritos? - 03/06/09 02:52 AM
I love Indian tacos and make them with fry bread. I usually just make it simple:

Large oval shaped fry bread patties.
Browned, crumbled, seasoned hamburger
Chopped onions
Chopped Tomatoes
Shredded Cheddar
Shredded Lettuce

I set sour cream, quacomole and salsa on the table also.
Posted By: Robin - Sitcom Editor Re: Tacos or Burritos? - 03/06/09 02:56 AM
Burritos - avocado, rice, cheese, onions, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, and with or without Boca crumbles. ps...that's all in one burrito....
Posted By: PC & Vegetarian Editor Re: Tacos or Burritos? - 03/06/09 02:58 AM
Niiice Phyllis!

I have to go eat now. Good food talk always does that to me. I've gotta get some of that fry bread and try that out. Man that sounds good!!!

I'd probably tweak it with some heat [chipotle powder] and of course switch out the hamburger and use some shredded or pulled tofu braised in a smoky, sweet and tangy sauce. cool
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Tacos or Burritos? - 03/06/09 03:05 AM
Now that sounds good, Jason. I will have to try that.
Posted By: PC & Vegetarian Editor Re: Tacos or Burritos? - 03/06/09 03:08 AM
Yeah Phyllis...

That's value right there. smile
Posted By: PC & Vegetarian Editor Re: Tacos or Burritos? - 03/06/09 03:19 AM
Originally Posted By: Robin - Sitcom Editor
Burritos - avocado, rice, cheese, onions, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, and with or without Boca crumbles. ps...that's all in one burrito....

Now you're talking Robin!!!

I hate a skinny burrito. Gotta have a lot of stuff in it for me! smile
Posted By: PC & Vegetarian Editor Re: Tacos or Burritos? - 03/13/09 06:32 AM
Have you ever tried a 7-layer burrito?

Ground meat (tofu or mushrooms for us veggies)
Robusto, Cojita[mexican cheese] or shredded soy cheese
Glazed Greens (or spicy lettuce)
Refried Peruano Beans
Guacamole
Jalapeno Salsa (if you're really daring - habanero salsa)
Sour Cream (or a good veggie variety)

OH YEAH!!! cool
You can make a nice dipping sauce for it to. Go fusion- why don't you. Try a sweet and tangy tamarind dipping sauce. Be creative! wink
Posted By: PC & Vegetarian Editor Re: Tacos or Burritos? - 12/02/10 08:50 AM
I'm thinking a nice rolled Haystacks Burrito!!! Oh Yeah!!! irish call me an Irishman! I'm ready to go!!!
Posted By: Beetlemess Re: Tacos or Burritos? - 12/02/10 07:07 PM
Bring on the Habanero Salsa!!!
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Tacos or Burritos? - 12/02/10 07:15 PM
I love Tacos
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: Tacos or Burritos? - 12/02/10 07:20 PM
Quote:
I'm burrito all the way or I can deal with soft tacos, but they just can't hold the obscene volumes of food I like stuffed in the burritos I like.

To me the burrito is the next frontier! It's a way of life and I think it's going to really catch on, if I have anything to do with it. laugh wink

I'm with you on this one. I'm a burrito fiend but I can't ever eat an entire one on my own so I usually share it with my son or my boyfriend if we're out. My ideal burrito has black beans, fish, avocado slices, spinach and pico de gallo (lots of it), plus a hot fiery salsa too, maybe some cheese too.

I do like a good fish taco though, not the battered fried fish kind just the clean fish taco the way nature intended : )
I love fresh refried beans, big chunks of pork, onions and a bit of cheese rolled up in a fresh flour tortilla. The tortilla needs to come from a Mexican bakery or my iron skillet. Roll it up and pour enchilada sauce over it and sprinkle with cheese, green chiles, and scallions. Bake until it is heated through.
Posted By: Lynsaf Re: Tacos or Burritos? - 06/01/11 01:22 AM
I'm for tacos - fill it up with seasoned grilled chicken shreads before stuffing with romano, zucchini, avocado. Sorry salivating already
Posted By: .... Re: Tacos or Burritos? - 06/02/11 05:09 AM
yep--tacos!
Connie with a recipe like that, can I come to your house for dinner?!
Posted By: PC & Vegetarian Editor Re: Tacos or Burritos? - 09/26/11 02:54 AM
So far it looks as if the burritos are winning out! Almost 2 to 1.
This is a good thing! I've got an obscenely stuffed burrito recipe I'm working on for you guys and I hope you can handle it! LOL!!!

It'll be veggie, for my vegetarian friends, but trust me... You'll be able to substitute anything in the burrito you like. We're talking fresh fire roasted chilis, garlic, tomatoes and onion in the molcajete ground down to the prefect sauce. [hint: I don't remove seeds - I make it the way it should be made wink ] Lotsa love, lotsa heat, LOTSA FLAVOR!!!
© BellaOnline Forums