BellaOnline
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor 2009 Royal Rumble - 01/26/09 02:04 PM
For those who havent heard yet, Randy Orton won the Rumble by ousting Triple H. This will be interesting since he punted Vince McMahon in the head on last weeks Raw. RVD was a participant in the Rumble too.

Matt Hardy turned heel and turned on his brother Jeff. He nailed Jeff with the Twist of Fate, allowing Edge to pin the hapless Hardy and win the WWE Title.

John Cena survived JBL and Shawn Micheals to keep his title and the Glamazon lost her title to Melina.

Jack Swagger successfully defeated Matt Hardy to retain the ECW Championship as well.
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: 2009 Royal Rumble - 01/27/09 12:55 AM
LOL Obsidiana. I was thinking that same thing when I saw Matt interfered in the match. I was like son-of-an-unnamed goat, she was right. lol.
Posted By: Tikus Re: 2009 Royal Rumble - 04/29/09 02:11 PM
Well......I only got to watch this last night. Oh Australia is right on the cutting edge when comes to being up to date with DVD's etc. NOT!!!

Anyway. I really enjoyed the actual Royal Rumble match. There was plenty to enjoy and I quite liked the ending.
Legacy are an awesome combo. Are they all still together?
I wasn't aware that Goldust was back. Seeing him mix it up with Cody was awesome. Looks like Dustin's lost some weight too.
I was also pretty impressed with Big man Brian Nox (or whatever his name is). He truely is a throw back to REAL monsters like Body, Hansen or Gordy.

As for the undercard, I thought pretty much only the Jeff Hardy vs Edge match exceeded sub par.

Please don't add anything to this thread that will spoil WM for me. I've deliberately avoided exposing myself to results etc.

Tikus
© BellaOnline Forums