BellaOnline
Posted By: Kathleen - Scrapbooking How to Scrapbook for Less - 12/19/12 07:05 PM
If you think scrapbooking costs too much or you are just looking for ways to save some money on products, check out this article with several ideas for saving money and scrapbooking for less.

How to Scrapbook for Less
Posted By: SandraJ Re: How to Scrapbook for Less - 12/20/12 12:33 AM
Read the article and you have great suggestions.

I'd like to add to #5 - Share. I was thinking of having a Swap Meet for Scrapbookers. I'm not exactly sure how to organize or present this but if you have a group of friends that you craft / scrapbook with then invite them to bring their unwanted items to your next meeting and swap things out! You can also do a little Sale. I was thinking of doing this at January's meeting of my Friday night crop group. I've been sorting things out for several weeks now and have 2 boxes: swap & sell.

I'd also like to add a #6 to your list. Sometimes a good way to save money on scrapbooking is to buy "kits." I know your company and mine (no names mentioned) have scrapbook kits that have cardstock, decorative papers, embellishments (such as stickers or chipboard pieces). I believe your company also has an additional package of coordinating embellishments (such as a package with buttons, flowers, brads) with the correct colors to match the scrapbook kit.

Kits are great for new scrapbookers to take away some of the fear in putting something together.

Just a thought.... wink
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: How to Scrapbook for Less - 12/20/12 02:35 AM
I love the tips! For many years I've had a giant rubbermaid container underneath the guest room bed with piles of spare wrapping paper. We don't do presents any more so it was never being used. So this year I cut it all up into squares, made origami out of it, and gave those away as gifts.
Posted By: SandraJ Re: How to Scrapbook for Less - 12/20/12 11:04 PM
Lisa
What a great idea. And I'm sure all the people who got your origami works of art are very happy! smile

I think I have one of those long flattish Rubbermaid containers out in my garage. I have no clue what is in it anymore. I think I might go check it out tomorrow! I remember seeing a really great flower (origami folds) a few years ago. I bet if I have wrapping papers out in that container they would make great flowers. Gosh, thanks for sparking my craftiness. wink
Those are great tips to add, ladies! Sandra, I have not seen a swap like that before. I bet it would be like getting all new product though. smile I have seen a swap table at a crop - sometimes they encourage using it with a Bingo game and having one of the squares to use a swap item in a layout. Another thing might be to do a blind swap - put items into a bag and swap. This might be fun if the group has to do a layout with the items at your group meeting. (hmm... maybe I'll try this at my next crop day!)
Posted By: SandraJ Re: How to Scrapbook for Less - 12/28/12 11:20 PM
Kath,

There's a rubber stamp & craft supplies store about 30 miles from my house. The gal that owns the place, Lisa, has a sale two times a year where her customers bring in their unwanted craft items, they put an ID number on it and then Lisa has a sale. When one of the items is sold, Lisa credits the amount to the "account" of the seller. Somehow at the end of everything the people who sold their stuff get a store credit equal to the amount collected from the sale of their stuff.

Anyway, it's lots of fun just going to see what's for sale! Since the owner of the goods puts their own price on it, sometimes you can get some REALLY great deals! wink
© BellaOnline Forums