BellaOnline
Posted By: Sam friend Web Designers vs Web Developers - 08/20/12 07:31 AM
What do you think About How both Professional Differ In technical And Non technical Points of View.

***NOTE: new users are not allowed to add urls/links to their posts!!!
I find a lot of people interchange the terms designer and developer because many people are not aware of the differences. As a designer, I feel my job is to be "at the front" developing an image and getting people to stick around long enough to look at what the company has to offer.

Designers are the ones that form the first impressions a customer sees etc. Developers are equally important because they do all the coding, databases, etc. that makes whatever the designers visions are function. Both are truly dependent on the other, and in my opinion good designers know their way around code even if they aren't fully versed in it, and vice versa. I think programmers/developers do well to have a bit of knowledge about design elements and principles as well. Two totally different skill sets, but since the two professions are confused so often, it does well to know a bit of both. It's also very important to explain the difference clearly to prospective clients so they know what they are getting and what they need.
Posted By: WilliamDonne Re: Web Designers vs Web Developers - 04/12/13 03:39 AM
I agree. It's really confusing sometimes of the difference between the two. But I can say these are good professions to look up to.
© BellaOnline Forums