BellaOnline
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych Tarot Spells - 09/18/10 07:47 AM
I have used Tarot Cards - mainly the Mythic and Ryder Wait - in spellcraft with great success. However I have seen several books lately warning people away from doing this directly and indirectly. Usually it comes across to me that the authors are afraid of magick per se rather than any personal experience, or they don't think through what they actually want to accomplish. How do you feel about it and what have been your results if you use Tarot in magick?
Posted By: flower70 Re: Tarot Spells - 09/18/10 07:58 AM
I have tarot of the dead cards.
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych Re: Tarot Spells - 09/18/10 04:36 PM
Looks like quite a fun pack, useful for ancestral assistance perhaps? The pack per se isn't important, it's the energy it evokes combined with the impression it makes in your mind that powers the spell.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Tarot Spells - 09/23/10 04:53 AM
I recently got the Crow's Magic Tarot. Now normally I love my Gilded Tarot or my Druidcraft Tarot. But WOW, I used the new one today, and I really enjoyed it. It has such a different energy.

It's funny when you use a deck and get such a different feel from the cards.
Posted By: flower70 Re: Tarot Spells - 09/27/10 07:06 PM
The energy in my cards, is amazing. My sister gave them to me.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Tarot Spells - 09/27/10 10:06 PM
Flower, I just went and check out the Tarot of the Dead cards - WOW - they are cool. To me they look like they'd be hard to work with - that's so cool you have such a strong connection.

I would REALLY love to get my hands on RJ Stewart's Dream Power tarot. But I think that's out of print. Maybe I'll have to check ebay - but last time I looked someone was selling a deck for like 80 bucks. Oy - a little out of my budget at the moment LOL.
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych Re: Tarot Spells - 10/01/10 07:24 AM
I think people are fearful of the Tarot per se because of its' image in films and on the TV. When I did my overview of Paganism for the Multifaith group at work I took my Ryder-Wait pack along. Several people since have told me that my explanation of the Tarot as a multi- faceted tool helped them overcome their fear of it.
Posted By: ShaleRune Re: Tarot Spells - 10/26/10 12:54 AM
People fear the unknown or unknowable...and like Ninja said above they see Tarot associated with little hunched old lady's in a dark room muttering spell and cursing people...predicting a future of horrible things... Which is soo sooo very far from reality. Us lucky folks know the fun, the joy and the healing... that can come from a great card reading... As for the use of Magic with Cards I see nothing wrong or worrisome about it. Tarot cards are an extension of ourselves...we (in the begining ...with new decks)...consecrate and give our energy to each of our cards... So in essence when we do majic with the Tarot we are tapping into card warehouse of our own energies... (mind you this is not negating the energy the cards take on eventually as their own personality....) Shale
Posted By: Robin - Card Games Editor Re: Tarot Spells - 11/07/10 07:43 PM
I just use Tarot for readings - have been doing a lot for a friend lately and predicted her new job and life in South Carolina.

Perhaps I should start paying attention to the other things they can be used for.
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych Re: Tarot Spells - 11/07/10 08:08 PM
Try simple layouts of 3 cards to start off with. Then you can see which packs, and which cards in the pack, work best for the outcomes you want.
Posted By: gemineye006 Re: Tarot Spells - 01/01/12 11:21 AM
i don t usetarot for spells.i m not that kind of magician,it doesn t look like me.i prefer the natural way where you actually cast spells without knowing you do like being a living spell,but i think that anything can be used to cast spells,everything is multifaceted and multidimensionnal as it is just about dividing.it depends on the person .i do appreciate what you say ninja cause it is creative and that s what magic is about.
© BellaOnline Forums