BellaOnline
Posted By: Sikpicksie Problems Reading Certain Decks. - 04/14/08 08:12 AM
Does any one else have problems with the Rider Waite deck? I would love to be able to use this deck as it is rich in symbology but I have never been able to. Every time I try to use it I get very negative readings and it just seems so dark. I don't have this problem with other decks.

Sikpiksie
Posted By: freespirit Re: Problems Reading Certain Decks. - 04/14/08 05:36 PM
the Rider Waite deck has Judo-christian symbology so if you have had a bad experince with christianity this my color your veiw of the reading. ?

Posted By: Sikpicksie Re: Problems Reading Certain Decks. - 04/14/08 10:41 PM
No, it's not that. I actually like the symbology which is why I would like to be able to use this deck. I just get such negative readings. For instance...I did a daily reading the other morning and deciced to use the RW (just to see if things had changed and I could use the deck) and got 9 swords, 10 swords, (can't remember the last card but I know it was a negative card) so I put the deck away.
I did a reading for the same day using the Celtic Dragon and got Sun, 6 pentacles, A pentacles.
None of the negativity that was showing in the Rider Waite happened but the reading done with the Celtic Dragon was spot on.
Any way I have decided that for whatever reason the Rider Waite is not for me and I will just have to look for another deck.

Sikpicksie
Posted By: freespirit Re: Problems Reading Certain Decks. - 04/16/08 05:14 AM
forgive my ignoreince but what is negative about the 9 and 10 of swords?

I am a beganer at reading tarot cards so....
Posted By: Sikpicksie Re: Problems Reading Certain Decks. - 04/16/08 08:01 AM
Well if I get the 9 swords ( worry albeit unecessary) followed by the 10 swords (things can't get much worse) followed by...say the tower (collapse of some structure, belief etc)...(extreme example)...I know that I am going to have something worse than just a bad hair day!

Bear in mind though that this is only my interpretation. It also depends on the position of the cards and what surrounds them, but generally for me the 9 and 10 of swords together do not bode well!

Sikpiksie

Posted By: freespirit Re: Problems Reading Certain Decks. - 04/16/08 08:25 AM
maybe the RW deck is trying to broaded your outlook? maybe it is trying to show you that there is an upside to the cards you hold as negative.
Posted By: rdywenur Re: Problems Reading Certain Decks. - 04/23/08 01:09 PM
Maybe it is picking up on your negative vibes. All things have energy. Just MHO.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Problems Reading Certain Decks. - 04/25/08 02:53 AM
Very bad circumstances or unlucky may not mean a negative. Death may simply mean change. The way that I have found it best for me is to read the cards with my soul not just attending to their face value. Frankly I can not remember them all!!! Sometimes I think of mathamatics. negatives together may make a positive. Maybe a block or a percieved negative just means clearing a bit of old thinking out of the way. Negatives to me usually mean opportunities. I embrace the Tarot. Blessed Be
Posted By: Sikpicksie Re: Problems Reading Certain Decks. - 05/03/08 07:21 AM
I guess that it shows that we all read differently and have different interpretations. On the day I got those cards in my reading my 73yr old mother had a 300kg steel pole fall on her, catching her on the shoulder and the side of the head. It was touch and go for a while but she is recovering, although she will never be able to do all the things she used to.
For me, that combination of cards always represents a negative happening. I don't actually see how you could see those three cards in combination as positive but, as I said, we all read differently.

Sikpiksie
Posted By: Anda Re: Problems Reading Certain Decks. - 05/08/08 01:37 PM
I honestly have difficulty reading with any deck but my own, even decks that have the same symbolism and card order. They simply don't speak to me. But I also cannot read for myself, as I see what I want to see and not what's there. (I think that's a common problem.) Perhaps your issue is with that specific deck. Have you tried similar sets? Also, try reading for others to get an objective experience before trying to read for yourself. That might help, too... As always, just my opinion. smile

Anda
Posted By: Sikpicksie Re: Problems Reading Certain Decks. - 05/08/08 03:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Anda
I honestly have difficulty reading with any deck but my own, even decks that have the same symbolism and card order. They simply don't speak to me. But I also cannot read for myself, as I see what I want to see and not what's there. (I think that's a common problem.) Perhaps your issue is with that specific deck. Have you tried similar sets? Also, try reading for others to get an objective experience before trying to read for yourself. That might help, too... As always, just my opinion. smile

Anda

Thankyou Anda.

Yes, I have used other decks over the years. My problem is not with the interpretation...I have been reading for many years...I usually use the cosmic deck I have had for about 15yrs. On the odd occassion I have tried the Rider Waite I have problems with it and was curious if others had the same problem. It doesn't matter now as I have bought a new Cosmic deck and put the others away.

Sikpiksie
Posted By: elle Re: Problems Reading Certain Decks. - 07/02/08 02:57 AM
Interesting. I've always had very positive readings using the Rider Waite.

I drew a 10 Swords the other day and burst out laughing - it was very clearly telling me I was overreacting and it was so apt. "Ya got 10 swords in ya back? Really? Isn't one enough? Get over yourself."

It's also worth remembering that the reading can't tell you anything that is going to happen that you don't already know or have access to consciously or subconsciously - I'm wondering if you're reading too much into the fact that your mother happened to have an accident on the same day. No offence intended, but it seems like a co-incidence to me. (But really that's just my opinion and I don't know all the facts, so I admit I could easily be wrong about that.) smile

But, definitely, use the deck that speaks to you the best and that you feel the most comfortable with.
© BellaOnline Forums