BellaOnline
Posted By: Gillian ClassicalMusic Open Office suite - 12/16/04 02:33 PM
I wondered if anyone knew anything about the Office application suite Open Office, available from www.openoffice.org? I've been using it myself for several months now and found it to be both fairly easy to use (once I had it copied into Shared Documents in XP) and reliable. It's cross platform and it's the right price as well:)
Posted By: jessahan16 Re: Open Office suite - 12/16/04 07:58 PM
I have it and have used it, but didn't particularly like it. For myself, I prefer the Corel Office suite, although at work I use MS Office 2000.
Posted By: Gillian ClassicalMusic Re: Open Office suite - 01/07/05 01:33 PM
Yes I use Microsoft Office 2000 at work and Word by preference at home, I uninstalled the rest of the Microsoft Works suite. About all I use from Open Office is the spreadsheet facility which I do find useful. But I keep it on the system in case it comes in handy:)

I did try the HTML editor and really didn't like the way it worked - it didn't like me fiddling with the HTML either.
Posted By: Susan Gross Re: Open Office suite - 01/13/05 04:05 AM
I keep meaning to try OpenOffice as soon as I have some spare time to install it.

Gillian, what kind of HTML editor are you looking for? I know of several different free ones. Some are graphic, and others help you hand code your HTML.

Take care,
Posted By: Susan Gross Re: Open Office suite - 01/13/05 04:06 AM
I keep meaning to try OpenOffice as soon as I have some spare time to install it.

Gillian, what kind of HTML editor are you looking for? I know of several different free ones. Some are graphic, and others help you hand code your HTML.

Take care,
© BellaOnline Forums