BellaOnline
Posted By: Trish-D Paying to Win - 11/26/12 03:03 PM
Here's one of the newest articles up at the site: Paying to Win
I bet many of us have known people who've fallen for these or didn't read the fine print.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Paying to Win - 12/03/12 03:35 PM
I have won and still winning sweeps
won laptops , I phones, Every thing from a to z
never paid any thing even won a $1,000 gift card
one thing i did pass up on was a gold & diamond necklace because i couldn't afford the taxes
And if i have to pay for a sweeps to enter, I do not enter it
also i don't in any way recognize sweeps i never entered if you didn't enter it you surly didn't win it
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Paying to Win - 12/03/12 04:43 PM
Hi Rosie,

Not recognizing sweeps you never entered is an excellent point to bring up. Thank you for mentioning it. I'll be posting an article soon on the topic of email sweeps and lottery scams which I think is along the same lines. If people enter a lot of sweepstakes per month, it's also good to keep a record to help them remember.
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Paying to Win - 12/03/12 05:38 PM
Great article Trish.

I haven't been in the forums in awhile, but funny that I did just now. I was checking my emails and one of the emails I received was from Southern Living Magazine running a contest where the prize is a 10K house makeover of some sort. On a lark, I started reading the rules and they said the winner would be notified of the win via email or phone call. At that time, the winner would need to supply their social security number for tax purposes. While this makes sense, given all the email scams, I didn't enter because I knew I would have a problem complying if I received an email with an attachment requesting my SS#.
© BellaOnline Forums