BellaOnline
Posted By: Michele ~ Classic Rock Effexor Migrains Info? - 08/30/13 01:50 PM
Anyone who has taken Effexor knows that if you miss a dose or are even late taking your dosage you will pay dearly. The headaches and nauseous caused by Effexor withdrawal is horrendous. :sick: By chance, does anyone here have any articles or scientific publishings on why this happens? What exactly causes it? And aside from the obvious (take your meds on time or don't stop taking them) what can be done to treat the migraines or prevent them? I have searched the internet numerous times but there is very little info aside from forum posts and [censored] WebMd stuff. Anyone?
Posted By: Burt B. Re: Effexor Migrains Info? - 08/30/13 05:14 PM
http:
//natashatracy.com/treatment-issues/withdrawal/antidepressants-effexorpristiq-venlafaxinedesvenlafaxine/
Posted By: Michele ~ Classic Rock Re: Effexor Migrains Info? - 08/30/13 09:33 PM
Thanks for the link Burt. She talks about Tapering off Antidepressants. I was referring more to dealing with the headaches that are a part of using Effexor and the physiology behind was causes the headaches and what works to treat the headaches. I have no intention of going off Effexor.
Posted By: Burt B. Re: Effexor Migrains Info? - 08/31/13 09:41 AM
oh... dunno smile
Posted By: Burt B. Re: Effexor Migrains Info? - 09/01/13 10:06 AM
Anacin seems to work well for me... sometimes plain old Bayer..
Posted By: Michele ~ Classic Rock Re: Effexor Migrains Info? - 09/01/13 11:35 AM
Anacin? Really? for the headaches from Effexor? wow I WISH it worked for me. I've tried Motrin, Advil, Aleeve and nothing helps once it has gone past a certain point. A lot of Effexor takers have this issue too. If the drug didn't help so much I would stop taking it and change to something else.
© BellaOnline Forums