BellaOnline
Posted By: OneWithTheClay Coffee Benefits To Mental Health - 06/25/12 06:20 PM
Can drinking coffee ward off Alzheimer's Disease? Read this weeks article to see what ingredients in coffee prove to be beneficial to fight this disease.

Coffee Benefits Against Alzheimer's Disease
Posted By: Jilly Re: Coffee Benefits To Mental Health - 07/05/12 03:50 AM
I know that for my own mental health, I can only drink decaff coffee. It tastes the same to me, but doesn't trigger an adrenaline rush.
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych Re: Coffee Benefits To Mental Health - 07/05/12 07:08 AM
Whenever I've visited people in psycheactiric units, or the time I went for a job as drugs counsellor at detox centre, most of the people in there seemed to be constantly drinking coffee and smoking!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Coffee Benefits To Mental Health - 07/05/12 08:16 PM
Yeah. It's a form of self medicating, but a non-helpful one. Caffeine exacerbates my anxiety and gets me highly agitated. I have to avoid it almost completely. Whatever is left in decaf doesn't seem to affect me.
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych Re: Coffee Benefits To Mental Health - 07/06/12 07:22 AM
Interestingly the caffeine extracted from coffee is used in medication- particularly over the counter anti-pain pills- to help the active ingredients enter the persons system more quickly. Something to consider if you react badly to it!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Coffee Benefits To Mental Health - 07/06/12 09:28 PM
Right; very true. I avoid OTC products with caffeine. Usually those are in the acetaminophen, and I prefer ibuprophen anyway.
I am an ibuprofen girl myself, because acetaminophen has no affect on me whatsoever. When I have bad pain I will take it down with caffeinated diet soda to speed up the absorption of the medication.

I don't like coffee per se (I have only had good coffee twice in my life), so when I need a little boost I turn to my diet soda which I try to limit.

I wonder if the caffeine in soda is the same as the caffeine in coffee?
Posted By: Jilly Re: Coffee Benefits To Mental Health - 07/18/12 01:38 AM
It's probably the same. I think it's different in chocolate, though.

I have heard that fresh coffee, within ten minutes of brewing, has antioxidants.
I like the smell of coffee, and I do enjoy coffee ice cream and on occasion, Kahlua. It must be the bitterness and smokiness in coffee itself that I don't like.
Posted By: Ice land Re: Coffee Benefits To Mental Health - 07/30/12 09:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Jilly
It's probably the same. I think it's different in chocolate, though.

I have heard that fresh coffee, within ten minutes of brewing, has antioxidants.

Is it good for health? I don't know about it, can you explain for me?
Very Informative Article shared by you ...
Posted By: leedavid Re: Coffee Benefits To Mental Health - 01/16/14 06:39 PM
Many benefits of coffee to Mental Health some are these 1) Prevent Parkinson's Disease 2) Ward Off Alzheimer's Disease 3) Fight Depression 4) Increased Concentration
Posted By: nackyy20 Re: Coffee Benefits To Mental Health - 05/22/14 06:32 AM
small amount of coffee equal to small amount of caffiene.as caffeine is responsible for increasing heart rate, body temperature & blood sugar.we should always avoid more intake of coffee. -------------------- [url=http://www.keepwell.com/][/url] keepwell
© BellaOnline Forums