BellaOnline
Posted By: jensaks Need help with a pattern - 02/18/13 11:15 PM
Help! I'm a newbie on this forum..came here because I'm knitting a baby sweater and I am stuck. The pattern is from Rowan's "Just Baby" in case anyone here has it. The sweater is "Nolan". I've done the front up to where I am to start shaping the front neck. It's a raglan sleeve plum and purple striped sweater and buttons down the front on a diagonal at each shoulder. I just finished the front, ending on a plum-colored stripe, 33 stitches left on the needle, followed by one row with RS facing. So here's where I'm at: Shape Front Neck --Next row (RS) K2, K2tog,K3 and turn, leaving remaining stitches on a holder. 5 sts. --Work each side of neck separately. --Next row: sl 1, K2tog, psso and fasten off --Next row (WS): P2 tog, P4 --Next row K2, K3 tog --Next row: P2tog, P1 --Next row: K2tog and fasten off. With RS facing, rejoin appropriate yarn to rem sts, cast off 19 sts, K to last 4 sts, sl 1, K1 psso, K2, 6 sts. Complete to match first side, reversing shapings. I have NO CLUE as to what they're talking about. I can take it over to the knit shop and ask them, but I'm hoping this will make good sense to someone tonight so I can get back to work on it. Thanks so much, Jennifer
Posted By: AKLisa- Knitting Editor Re: Need help with a pattern - 03/06/13 01:58 PM
I think they are wanting you to mirror the stitches from the first side of the neck. So, you would pick up the other side, and starting from picking up the remaining neck stitches you would:
---Work each side of neck separately. --Next row: sl 1, ask, psso and fasten off --Next row (WS): P4, P2 tog --Next row sssk2, K2 --Next row: P1,P2tog --Next row: ask and fasten off.

Let us know how this goes, and if you have nay more questions!
© BellaOnline Forums