BellaOnline
Posted By: lauraj43 Mother looking to share advice! - 12/30/08 05:56 AM
Hello my name is Laura and I have a 4-year-old daughter named Emily. Every day I spend with her is simultaneously a joy and a challenge to my mothering abilities. I work full-time so I don�t get to see her as much as I would like and sometimes it just feels like I�m falling short of my duty to her. My friend introduced me to this online show called �Jen and Barb, Mom Life� and they said in one of the episodes that blogs can be a great place to meet other moms and share experiences so I thought I�d give it a try and see who�s out there!
Posted By: Lisa - Moms Re: Mother looking to share advice! - 12/31/08 06:56 AM
Hi Laura.

I joke with my husband that I was a better mother before I had children (there is actually a book out there by that title - before I had Kids). I used to work in residential treatment with 'emotionally disturbed' children (that was the term back then).

I have four children - ages 7,6, 3, and 2. They are loads of fun and they also gift me with my most difficult challenges. Motherhood is quite a paradox. I am a stay at home mom with an at home business.

Nice to 'meet' you.
Laura,

Welcome! I hope that some of the articles here can be of help to you... I've only been writing the site for a few months, but you can find all of my content in the archives. We aren't a hugely active discussion board here (yet!), but I do check on it pretty regularly -- at least every few days -- and I'm always thrilled to reply.

Thanks for finding us.

Warmly,

Nicki :-)
© BellaOnline Forums