BellaOnline
Posted By: Modern Woman Are you your own hero? - 06/15/07 06:12 AM
Do you consider yourself as a hero?
Someone who is good, achiever, confident and ......

Do you respect yourself for your qualities?
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Are you your own hero? - 06/15/07 10:27 PM
HA HA....sometimes I am wink
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Are you your own hero? - 06/16/07 10:07 AM
That is very good Deanna.
I will also try to be my own hero!
Posted By: leahmullen Re: Are you your own hero? - 10/01/13 08:33 AM
I have moments when I look at my life and think "Wow, you've accomplished so much!"

Then I have days when I say to myself, "what have you done with your life? You frittered it all away, why are you just going back to school now, you should have done this 15 years ago!"

I do know and I tweeted this yesterday (and actually got 3 retweets, a record for me) is that my day to day feelings and negative internal dialogue are fleeting. I won't remember what kind of mood I was in today or what I was thinking, three years from now, but I will be glad that I put two hours in studying for my test on Wednesday. The test has long term consequences, while that negative voice in my head is temporary, it comes and goes.
Posted By: Yvonnie-Inspired Re: Are you your own hero? - 10/01/13 09:34 AM
Good stuff Leah-

Yes, that negative talk is your ego. It talks negative about you and what you are doing. Then, it tells you that you are better than everyone else, LOL.

Gotta love it, but recognize how it operates.

Going back to school? Yay!!! That is great!

Can you tell that I am really starting to grasp how my ego operates? This is my current "school", LOL?

Life is amazingly wonderful over here. Looks like yours is too.

Thanks for popping in, I enjoy chatting with you!
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Are you your own hero? - 10/02/13 07:58 AM
I want to be. I am working on it.
Posted By: leahmullen Re: Are you your own hero? - 10/02/13 09:59 AM
Debbie, I hear you, it is a journey! Today I am proud of myself. I finished my take home exam that is not even due until 6 pm tonight. Was actually finished with it last night and just touched it up this morning. I feel very accomplished today, but who knows what I'll be thinking tomorrow. LOL..

Yvonnie, I'm reading an AWESOME book right now about those "inner voices" that tell us all sorts of contradictory things. It's called "Making a Change for Good: A Guide to Compassionate Self-Discipline" by Cheri Huber. Interesting stuff!
Posted By: Yvonnie-Inspired Re: Are you your own hero? - 10/02/13 10:23 AM
Leah-

I am re-reading The Lightworker's Way by Doreen Virtue.

In reading self-help/new age books, the way we take in the information depends on where we are on our spiritual journey.

I've always loved this book, but realized that I was unable to fully grasp some of its concepts earlier on. Today, I think I am really getting a clear view of my ego for the very first time in life. I am amazed at how much I allowed it to interfere with my missions and purpose in this lifetime.
Posted By: Yvonnie-Inspired Re: Are you your own hero? - 10/03/13 02:52 AM
Just posted The Hero's Journey in my blog.
Posted By: leahmullen Re: Are you your own hero? - 10/04/13 06:46 PM
Yvonnie,

Wonderful blog post. The following quote really hit home for me:

“If you believe yourself worthy of the thing you fought so hard to get, then you become an instrument of God, you help the Soul of the World, and you understand why you are here.” -Paulo Coehlo (Author of The Alchemist)

How many times have I fought tooth and nail for something--like getting my degree and then did not appreciate my accomplishment, took it for granted and at times disliked the accomplishment.

This gives me a new perspective.

Thanks!
Posted By: Yvonnie-Inspired Re: Are you your own hero? - 10/05/13 12:13 AM
Awesome Leah
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Are you your own hero? - 10/12/13 10:00 AM
I am taking charge of my own happiness by setting a few goals for myself and staying focused. I know the only way it will happen is if I make it happen myself, and when I achieve the goals I have set for myself I will be my own hero. After that it is on to more changes and positive actions to improve my life. To me it can only get better.
Posted By: clairehobby Re: Are you your own hero? - 10/25/13 03:30 AM
i always think i'm the hero of myself, i trust myself and respect myself, i think everyone should believe themselves.
Posted By: clairehobby Re: Are you your own hero? - 10/25/13 03:35 AM
i always think that i'm the hero for myself, i think everyone will have this thought.
Yes, I am my own hero- When I eat the things I should and avoid gluten, dairy, casein, whey, soy & chocolate I am a super hero (and feel much better!)
Posted By: Elleise - Clairvoyance Re: Are you your own hero? - 10/25/13 07:00 AM
Yes.

However only in the sense if I'm going to make a change, it comes from w/in and I'm the only one that can make that change.

A Hero - in the sense of Empathy and servicing others, well - the question comes to mind. Would you die to save love...put your own life on the line for others?

Again, if I were to be in a position to save a child or run into a building or something hearing someone ask for help, etc., again, the answer would be, yes.

There are Hero's every day, they just aren't always recognized for their deeds smile
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Are you your own hero? - 10/27/13 09:56 AM
I agree, Elleise. Even some of the little things people do makes them a hero to others.
Posted By: JaimeRobinson Re: Are you your own hero? - 01/23/14 07:45 PM
Yes, because I've never really allowed someone to rescue me from my own problems. It has always been me. But, i'm waiting for the replacement..
Posted By: Yvonnie-Inspired Re: Are you your own hero? - 01/23/14 07:49 PM
Welcome Jaime
Sometimes I am proud of myself, other times, not so much. The times when I am least proud of myself is when I ignore something that needs to be addressed because I am exercising a sense of self-preservation.
I have put myself in harm's way for others before. One time I held a door shut because I knew a student had a loaded gun in there, and it was almost time for students to switch classes. How did I know there was a gun? I heard a shot (accidental discharge), opened the door, and picked up a warm shell-casing from the floor.

I felt like a hero that day, but others thought that I was just stupid. I relied on my strong, positive relationship with the student, and I hoped that he wouldn't shoot me.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Are you your own hero? - 10/12/15 11:17 AM
I know that I am a good person but I do not consider myself an hero.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Are you your own hero? - 10/12/15 11:25 AM
Whoa Connie!!! That is intense, and very powerful!! You were very brave to do that, and definitely a hero to the others students - and to that student that you kept from using that gun. That is so scary!! And, I'm very glad you are okay!
© BellaOnline Forums