BellaOnline
Posted By: valpomike Can anyone help me? - 05/02/10 04:42 PM
Does anyone know of a small village, city, or town by the name of either, Broszkow, or Broszka, not sure of the correct spelling, it is, I am told near a small village, called Piotrowice.
This is where, I am told, my Grandfather came from. Also, can you give me information how I can reach the parish, this could be in, so I can write them for information. Both are near Warsaw.
On a visit, I checked most records in the churchs in Piotrowice, and found nothing.
Any and all ideas could help, so please post them for me. I have been searching for several years without anything, and will not give up.

Mike

Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Can anyone help me? - 05/02/10 08:38 PM
Broszkow, Poland

Broszkowski Family

Obtaining Polish Records

Hope this helps you.
Posted By: valpomike Re: Can anyone help me? - 05/03/10 03:18 AM
I don't understand, there is also a Dabrowska area, I am told, but what help will this be. There last name was Dabrowski, and not Broszkowski.

Mike
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Can anyone help me? - 05/03/10 02:08 PM
I put in the link to the Broszkowski family because it shows some history/information on the village of Broszkowski. I thought that might help you. I did not know the name of your family you are looking for is Dabrowski because you did not state that.

Also, the Polish Records link I gave you might have some info on how to do a search for the family you are looking for. smile
Posted By: valpomike Re: Can anyone help me? - 05/04/10 02:51 PM
I will be mailing off a letter to a few places, address given by you, in Poland, and hope to get some help.
In the past, I mailed off some letters to places in Poland, for help, and never got a reply. Do you think you know why?

Mike
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Can anyone help me? - 05/04/10 03:49 PM
No, Mike, I do not know why they could not help you or even reply. Perhaps your friends/relatives in Poland can help you do some research. Have you tried ancestry.com? You might also try posting in our Geneaolgy forum for some help on how to research.

Geneaology forum can be found in the "Family" channel on the left of this forum under "Channel List" - or just CLICK HERE.
Posted By: valpomike Re: Can anyone help me? - 05/04/10 06:39 PM
Ancestry.com cost a lot, and I have tried them, and no good. My friends and family in Poland have worked on this for some time, with out any luck, also.

Mike
Posted By: valpomike Re: Can anyone help me? - 05/08/10 06:53 PM
Please put aside your feelings towards me, and help me as much as can for the sake of my children, and grandchildren, so I can give this information to them some day.

Mike
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Can anyone help me? - 05/09/10 06:10 AM
Here is the link to our Geneaology forum: Geneaology

Maybe there is someone there who can help you more than I can. I do not know where else to search.
Posted By: valpomike Re: Can anyone help me? - 03/02/11 06:35 PM
I am still looking, anyone out there have any new good ideas?

Mike
Posted By: Barbara - Polish Culture Re: Can anyone help me? - 03/20/11 08:56 PM
It is really hard to advise why your letters were not responed or why your relations cannot gte more information. There can be various reasons for that...

Genealogical researches are not easy ones. In many parishes the books were missing or got destroyed etc. So the parish can be missing information on your family roots.

I agree with Phyllis that genealogy forum may be worth checking as people there must have experience in researches like that.
Posted By: travelman Re: Can anyone help me? - 04/16/11 10:01 PM
Do you send your enquiries in Polish.A lot of older people do not have a good understanding of English and will just throw away your enquiry.You are best to get a Polish friend to go physically to these places and enquire for you to get the best results.If you cannot do that get the services of a good translator to send e-mails or letters.Then get them to contact the receiptent by phone and check that they are doing something about it!Some officials need a little prodding to get some action from them.
© BellaOnline Forums