BellaOnline
Posted By: Corlia - Unemployment Editor Unemployed Lifestyle - 12/20/19 11:56 AM
Have you dreamed of ditching the job? Who hasn't? laugh Maybe you're already living the happily unemployed lifestyle. If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts. What have you most enjoyed? What are things you'd like to change?

Like many people, I've had some form of job since I was a teenager. I've been employed full-time since my twenties and have never experienced a time of unemployment. I admit, as I get older, the possibility of not working sounds more appealing with each passing year. It's not that I dislike working, but rather a realization that our time on this planet is limited and growing moreso every day. It makes me long for time to do the things I've always wanted to do. So yeah, I'd love to hear from you all out there who are living the lifestyle or working toward it.
Posted By: Angie Re: Unemployed Lifestyle - 12/21/19 12:58 AM
When my first child was born I became a stay at home mom. It wasn't always easy but it was worth it. But even during that time I was a volunteer - Brownies, local historical society, friends of the library, stuff at church, and a class at the junior college. When I returned to work, I continued with all of those things. I'm retired now and still do volunteer work. You have to have hobbies and special interests after retirement and some good friends.
© BellaOnline Forums