BellaOnline
It's a popular myth that having gaps on your resume are the kiss of death in job hunting. In this article, we'll explore why that doesn't have to be true at all. Learn how to reflect on the gap, identify the positive side, and craft a statement to use in your interview when the question comes up. Whether your employment gap was a positive or not-so-positive experience, you can use the experience to your advantage with a little planning. Learn how in Explaining Employment Gaps.
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Explaining Employment Gaps - 07/21/17 12:36 PM
Great article. I agree, preparing the explanation before the interview will take a lot of the pressure off during the interview. The story, in theory, should not have to change.

Be prepared, however, employers should not delve too much into your personal life such as your medical history. I've had to stop many a candidate from launching into an exhaustive explanation of their medical condition or the need to move across country with their boy/girlfriend.
Good morning Diane! You've raised some excellent points. Interviewees also need to avoid giving out too much personal information in interviews. That sounds like it needs to go on my list of future articles.
© BellaOnline Forums