BellaOnline
Posted By: nola615 Quitting/Unemployment - 12/31/12 08:42 AM
I have a question about quitting and getting unemployment. In Jan 2012, I quit my job and I am now in the process of filing for unemployment. I am filing now because my own business is not working out and I can't pay my bills and I need to go back to an office. Last Jan, when I was in the HR office, they asked me if I wanted to put "voluntary" or "involuntary" on my file. The HR woman said it would be easier to get unemployment with involuntary, but that it would be harder to ever work for the Company again in the future. I chose "involuntary". I was also given a 10 week severance package and HR said that that would also make it easier for me to get unemployment. I am still feeling like I have to lie on this form, though, because I quit. I had been out on disability for 6 months and when I came back in to work, they had put someone in old position, which was perfectly legal for them to do. When I was in the HR office doing paperwork to return to work, there was a frank discussion about once I was "on boarded" again, that if I wasn't performing, then I would be put on a PIP, which had been discussed before I went on disability. I was still very depressed and the idea of a new role with the pressure of PIP in a new role, not even PIP in my old role, was too much. So, I quit and they gave me 10 weeks full pay. It just feels like I have to lie or at least stretch the truth on this unemployment form.
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Quitting/Unemployment - 01/03/13 09:21 PM
When we have a claim filed, the unemployment commission generally calls me to sit for a telephonic interview in which I have to explain the separation in favor of my employer. It's a tough job sometimes because I know that person really needs the money.

The best advice ANYONE can give you is to call the unemployment office directly and explain the circumstances - one of three possible things can happen.

- they can decide that you are eligible.
- they need additional information and will set up a telephonic interview, generally with you and the employer where they get more details before making the final determination.
-they say no.

States are different, even who you talk to can have a different recommendation, sad to say. Your best bet is to go directly to the people who will be making the decisions. Anyone can give you an opinion, but (and I say this kindly), it is based on your view of the situation and the employer may have an entirely different view.
Posted By: smitthe Re: Quitting/Unemployment - 01/17/13 08:02 AM
Myself has also experienced such kind of interview in which unemployment commission generally calls me to sit for a telephonic interview in which I have to explain the separation in favor of my employer. Its not so easy as the money involved there.
Posted By: sandysong Re: Quitting/Unemployment - 04/12/13 12:44 AM
It's really hard at first to accept that you are unemployed but you have to deal with it. If you have alternatives to earn a money at home, try doing it until you find a new [url=https://personalmoneynetwork.com/]job[/url]. It can cover your finances, it is very hard if you don't have a job because finances are affected.
Hello Nola, I see that your message has been posted for a long time without a reply. I know you may or may not still be here, but I wanted to let you know I am the new unemployment editor, and I would welcome the opportunity to hear more about where you are now and what we might be able to do to support you here now. Wishing you the best,
© BellaOnline Forums